|“||If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed, I must simply laugh!!||„|
Magus (魔王 Maō?, Maoh in the Japanese version, literally "demon king") is the tertiary antagonist and later, tritagonist of Chrono Trigger, and the dark mage waging war against the Kingdom of Guardia in 600 A.D. Magus was originally Janus (ジャキ Jaki?, "Jaki" in the Japanese version), the young prince of Zeal in Antiquity (12,000 BC). He is portrayed as brooding, potent, gloomy, and indomitably ambitious, especially in regards to finding his sister, Schala.
Powers and Stats
Origin: Chrono Trigger
Age: Unknown, possibly late 20s to mid 30s
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Forcefield Creation, Elemental Manipulation (Of the Fire, Ice and Lightning variety), Dark Magic, Darkness Manipulation, Time Paradox Immunity, Resistance to space/time warping, Memory Manipulation, Black Hole Creation, Flight, Transmutation, Teleportation, Duplication, Precognition
Lifting Strength: Class 100+
Striking Strength: Large Planet Class
Durability: Large Planet level (Tanked attacks from the likes of Crono and Queen Zeal)
Range: Standard Melee Range. Extended Melee Range with his scythe. Several Meters with omnidirectional ranged magic attacks.
Standard Equipment: His Scythe
Intelligence: Skilled combatant and a powerful Black Mage
Weaknesses: Takes extra damage from Heaven, Lightning and Light attacks
- Lightning 2: Covers the field in an omnidirectional lightning attack, electrocuting all enemies on screen.
- Ice 2: Covers the field in an omnidirectional ice attack, freezing all enemies on screen.
- Fire 2: Covers the field in an omnidirectional fire attack, burning all enemies on screen.
- Dark Mist: Magus attempts to banish enemies within a circle.
- Dark Bomb: Magus attacks all enemies with Darkness.
- Dark Matter: Magus attacks all enemies with a powerful Darkness attack.