Madotsuki is the main protagonist of Yume Nikki. She spends most of the game sleeping in her room, exploring her own dreams.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 10-A | At least 7-C, likely 5-A to 4-A. Unknown via waking up
Origin: Yume Nikki
Powers and Abilities: None | Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Weather Manipulation (Via Umbrella and Yuki-Onna), Flight (Via Witch), Invisibility (Via Triangle Kerchief), Time Stop (Via Stoplight), Can reveal invisible beings (Via Stoplight), Light Manipulation (Via Lamp and Neon), Immortality (Types 3 and 9. All of the Dream World is merely her dreams, and she will always come back from her "Real World" self if she is killed. Her death would also destroy the Dream World until she comes back), Shapeshifting, Mind Manipulation (Via Cat), Body Control, Animal Manipulation (Limited to flies), Size Manipulation (Via Midget), Duplication (Via Midget), Regeneration (At least High-Mid. Can regenerate from her decapitated head, a tiny clone of herself and her scarf and hat), Teleportation (Via Medamaude), Resistance to Radiations, Doesn't need air to survive, Biological Manipulation (Simply touching other humans in the dream world caused them to be horrifyingly disfigured)
Attack Potency: Athlete level (Despite being simply a little girl, she was able to jump several meters in the air with a single jump) | At least Town level+ (Able to dispel huge rainclouds over an entire island, if not the entire dream world and is capable of illuminating the entire night sky), likely Large Planet level to Multi-Solar System level (Can murder beings with durability similar to hers). Unknown via waking up (When she wakes up, the whole Dream World is completely erased until she comes back, as her dreams vanish when she is awake. She can trigger this manually, although it is also triggered automatically when she "dies")
Speed: Normal Human | Subsonic (She should be as fast on foot as with her witch effect, who managed to fly across a city in seconds) with FTL reaction and combat speed (Can kill Leif before it can react)
Lifting Strength: Regular human | Unknown
Striking Strength: Human Class | At least Town Class+ (Her knife effect is likely at least as strong as her Umbrella and Yuki-Onna effect), likely Large Planet Class to Multi-Solar System Class
Range: Standard melee range | Extended melee range with Knife, kilometers with Stoplight and Cat, Hundreds of kilometers with Neon, Multi-universal with Medamaude, Yuki-Onna, and Umbrella
Standard Equipment: None | Her 24 effects
Weaknesses: None Notable
-Effects: Madotsuki can equip any of the following "Effect", changing her appearance and giving her new abilities based on the effect in question. She can only equip a single effect at a time. When she changes effect, any damage to Madotsuki will be reset, including decapitation or her body melting completely, leaving only her clothes.
- Frog: Transforms her into an anthropomorphic frog. This lets her swim faster in water and have increased jump power.
- Umbrella: Gets an umbrella. With it, she can summon a gigantic rain cloud over the dream world and dispell it at will.
- Hat and Scarf: Gets a hat and a scarf. If it's snowing, she can transform into a snowman (still wearing the hat and scarf).
- Yuki-Onna: Transforms her into a Yuki-Onna. This lets her summon a gigantic snow cloud over the dream world and dispell it at will.
- Knife: Gets a knife. With it, she can stab and destroy any being in the dream world.
- Medamaude: Transforms her into a Medamaude. This lets her teleport back to the Nexus at will.
- Fat: Transforms her into a fat version of herself.
- Midget: Transforms her into a tiny version of her herself. She is capable of producing up to 6 clones of her and of destroying each of them at will.
- Flute: Gets a flute. With it, she can play music.
- Neon: Transforms her into a neon version of herself. This lets her produce light intense enough to color the surroundings.
- Nopperabu: Transforms her into a Nopperabu, a faceless ghost. This lets her detach her head from her body.
- Severed Head: Transforms her into a severed head.
- Towel: Gets a towel. This lets her sneeze on command.
- Cat: Transforms her into a catgirl. This lets her meow, forcibly attracting anyone in the nearby area towards her.
- Lamp: Transforms her into a lamp. This lets her produce light.
- Bicycle: Gets a bicycle. With it, she can go faster.
- Long Hair: Gets long hair. With it, she can be pretty.
- Poop Hair: Gets poop hair. With it, she can summon flies at will.
- Blond Hair: Gets blond hair. With it, she can be blond.
- Triangle Kerchief: Transforms her into a ghost. This lets her become invisible at will.
- Witch: Gets a broom and witch outfit. With it, she can fly.
- Demon: Transforms her into a demon. This lets her summon thunder.
- Buyo-Buyo: Transforms her into a jelly version of herself. This lets her jiggle her whole body at will.
- Stoplight: Transforms her into a stoplight. This lets her stop time at will, revealing invisible beings in the process.
- Waking Up: By pinching her cheek, Madotsuki can wake up from the Dream, completely leaving the place and likely destroying it. She can go back to sleep at any point she desires, recreating the Dream and reappearing in it. If her Dream avatar were to die, she'd automatically wake up, destroying the Dream while doing so.
Key: Real World | In the Dream World
Note: This profile only covers her game appearance. For her non-canon manga counterpart, see Madotsuki (Manga).