Lunala (Japanese: ルナアーラ Lunala) is a Psychic/Ghost Legendary Pokémon.
Since ancient times, Lunala has been honored as an emissary of the moon. It is referred to with reverence as “the beast that calls the moon.” Lunala is constantly absorbing light and converting it into energy. With its wings spread to absorb the surrounding light and glittering like a crescent moon, it resembles a beautiful night sky.
Lunala is unique among Legendary Pokemon in that it evolves from another Pokemon, namely the Pokemon Cosmoem, who evolves from Cosmog. Though it doesn't evolve further, it takes a special form called the Full Moon phase when it uses its full power.
Powers and Stats
Tier: Low 6-B
Gender: Genderless, but considered the female evolution of Cosmog.
Classification: Legendary Pokémon, Moone Pokémon, Ultra Beast (Possibly), the Beast that Calls the Moon, Emissary of the Moon
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Telekinesis, Energy Manipulation, Intangibility, Flight, Damage Reduction (As long as it is at peak condition), Can ignore Abilities that would stop or nullify Moongeist Beam, Durability Negation with Moongeist Beam, Air Manipulation, Shadow Manipulation, Darkness Manipulation, Forcefield Creation, Dream Manipulation, Statistics Amplification, Mind Manipulation, Dimensional BFR, Teleportation, Healing, Status Effect Inducement, Immunity to trapping, Normal Type moves, and Fighting Type moves, Resistance to Poison, Acid, and Psychic based attacks, Attack Reflection.
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Striking Strength: Small Country Class
Durability: Small Country level
Range: Extended melee range. Hundreds of kilometers with projectiles and abilities.
Standard Equipment: None
Intelligence: Very high
Weaknesses: Lunala will take additional damage from Ghost and Dark Type attacks.
- Shadow Shield: Lunala is able to greatly reduce the damage taken from a single attack for as long as it is at peak condition.
- Moongeist Beam: Lunala's signature move. Lunala fires an ominous beam of light that ignores any abilities that would stop or nullify it.
- Menacing Moonraze Maelstrom: While ignoring the target's Ability, Lunala fires six ominous beams and concentrates them all at once at the opponent.
- Splash: Lunala hops around doing absolutely nothing at all.
- Teleport: Lunala teleports elsewhere.
- Cosmic Power: Lunala absorbs a cosmic power to boost defense and special defense.
- Hypnosis: Lunala hypnotizes the opponent into falling asleep.
- Confusion: Lunala attacks with a telekinetic force similar to Psychic that can cause confusion.
- Night Shade: Lunala attacks with ghostly attack that deals consistent damage.
- Confuse Ray: Lunala fires a ray that causes confusion.
- Air Slash: Lunala fires blades of compressed air that can cause the opponent to flinch.
- Shadow Ball: Lunala fires off a shadowy black and purple ball of energy that can lower the opponent's special defense.
- Moonlight: Using the power of the moon, Lunala heals itself. The amount of health it restores increases under sunny conditions but decreases under rain, hail, sandstorms, and other weather conditions.
- Night Daze: Lunala lets out a dark shockwave that can lower the opponent's accuracy.
- Magic Coat: Lunala reflects any non-offensive moves, such as Leech Seed or Toxic, back at the opponent.
- Moonblast: Drawing power from the moon, Lunala fires off a sphere of energy at the opponent. It may also lower the opponent's special attack.
- Dream Eater: Lunala consumes the opponent's dream dealing damage and healing Lunala by half of the damage dealt.
- Phantom Force: Lunala vanishes somewhere before reappearing and striking the opponent ignoring moves like Protect, Detect, and Spiky Shield.
- Wide Guard: Lunala sets up a forcefield that protects it and its allies from widespread attacks.
- Hyper Beam: Lunala fires off a destructive beam of energy. It may have to rest afterwards.