Luigi is Mario's younger, taller, thinner twin brother. He is a major protagonist of the Mario series. Luigi has helped and fought alongside his brother on many occasions.
Throughout his life, he has lived in Mario's shadow, developing both cowardly and heroic tendencies. Mario Bros. marks his first appearance in the Mario series and his debut in general. Originally a palette swap of Mario, Luigi was created to facilitate a second player option. Since the two-player mode was dropped from most main Super Mario games beginning with Super Mario Land, Luigi has gained his own identity and personality.
This is especially noticeable in installments for the Luigi's Mansion series of games, as well as the Mario & Luigi series.
Powers and Stats
Origin: Mario Bros
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Versatility, Invulnerability, Pyrokinesis without Fire Flower (In some games), Lightning Manipulation, Air Manipulation, Negative Zone creation, Enhanced Jumps (Jumps higher than Mario), Enhanced Hammermanship, Time Travel, Shares a telepathic bond with Mario, Powers-ups which grants him abilities including the Mushroom which grows the user in size, The Fire Flower gives Luigi Pyrokinesis, The Ice Flower grants Cyrokinesis, The Cape Feather grants him Flight, The Poltergust 3000 and 5000 allows him to suck ghosts, etc.
Speed: At least Sub-Relativistic (Can react to the Bye Bye Cannon), likely Massively FTL+ (Can quickly travel between different galaxies and react with Launch Stars and dodged attacks from Bowser, who can tag Lubba's ship and flew the center to the universe in a short time)
Lifting Strength: Class G (He isn't that much weaker than Mario, who can casually lift castles). Certain power-ups can increase his strength even further.
Striking Strength: Multi-Solar System Class
Durability: Multi-Solar System level
Stamina: Very high
Range: Depends on the power up. Standard melee range to Tens of meters with powerups.
Standard Equipment: Hammer, Poltergust 3000 (A vacuum which captures ghosts), and various power up.
Intelligence: Not smarter than Mario, but is a combatant expert and an experienced plumber. He recently became a doctor as well.
Weaknesses: Varies but usually cowardly and clumsy. Has a phobia of ghosts.
- Super Jump: Luigi crouches down and rocket jumps super high into the air, damaging anything in his path.
- Super Jump Punch: Luigi performs a jump that delivers a powerful flaming uppercut in it's initiation.
- Green Missile: After charging up, he horizontally launches himself while exploding his target on contact.
- Fireballs: Luigi shoots green fireballs that can defy gravity. He can launch up to five at once in Mario Kart: Double Dash.
- Thunderhand: Taught by the Thunder God. Luigi's gathers lightning in his hand and discharges it at his target for critical damage. This ability can also lower defense and attack power.
- Luigi Cyclone: Luigi starts spinning in a horizontal fashion, knocking any near opponent away.
- Tornado Swing/Ball: Luigi creates and launches a tornado by spinning around and then either throwing an object or striking his target.
- Vicious Vortex: Luigi's Super Strike. He strikes a karate pose with a green vortex surrounding him before kicking the target.
- Thunder Luigi: Luigi's Mega Strike. He jumps into the air and becoming electrified while glowing green. He then unleashed plasma electric energy at the target which has a re-entry effect.
- Dropchopper: Luigi summons a propeller and clings on to it to hover over his opponent. He then jumps down and drills down on his opponent, creating a shockwave from the impact that damages nearby foes. This attack deals much more damage when Mario attacks along with him.
- Star Rocket: Luigi summons a star and rides on it while it flies towards his target, gathering smaller stars in the process. He then crashes down on the target with smaller stars he accumulated striking the enemy.
- Negative Zone: Luigi creates a zone with varying negative effects to his opponents such as slowing down, continuous damage, or falling asleep.