Ludwig von Koopa is the oldest member, as well as, leader of the Koopalings, a tribe that debuted in Super Mario Bros. 3 as Bowser's elite generals in dominating every major kingdom across the world and fighting against Mario. He has appeared in multiple games in the franchise since then, usually as one of the major members of the Koopa Troop that Mario must combat in order eradicate Bowser's schemes. He is the most mature out of all the Koopalings and enjoys listening to classical symphonies. Due to serving as the head of the clan, he's usually portrayed as the most powerful and skilled member with numerous talents and high intelligence, which he is clearly aware of and often shows off because of it. Like most of the Koopalings, he is named after a famous musician. His name, design, and affinity for classical music is obviously inspired by the German composer, Ludwig van Beethoven.
Powers and Stats
Name: Ludwig von Koopa
Origin: Mario Bros
Age: Unknown, likely around his teens
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Can shrink opponents, Transmutation, Can breath fire, Skilled in machines and technology, Can spin in his shell or like a tornado, Magic, Levitation, Teleportation, Lightning Manipulation, Duplication, etc.
Lifting Strength: Class G (Physically stronger than Mario)
Striking Strength: Multi-Solar System Class (Stronger than Mario, who can punt Larry's castle. Capable of generating earthquakes by stomping on the floor)
Durability: Multi-Solar System level (Withstood several attacks from the Mario Bros)
Stamina: Very high
Range: Standard melee range. Hundreds of kilometers with magic and machinery.
Standard Equipment: Magic Wand, Junior Clown Car, custom-made airship, and several types of machinery.
Intelligence: Very high. He was able to build and skillfully pilot vehicles. Noted to be very intelligent and often fights with ingenious methods.
Weaknesses: Arrogance and overconfidence.
- Magic blast: Ludwig fires a dark blue chaotic blast from his wand. These blasts can homing capabilities and he can fire up to five blasts at once. Ludwig can also hurl magic blasts in form of an enormous sphere at the upon the opponent.
- Transmutation: Using magic, Ludwig can turn his opponent into a helpless creature.
- Fire Breath: Breathes a potent fireball out of his mouth. He breathes fireballs furiously.
- Lighting manipulation: Ludwig can fire lightning from his fingers and teleport in flash of lightning.
- Duplication: Creates clones of himself.
- Battle Cards: Just like Mario, Ludwig has the ability to use Battle Cards to give himself an advantage in battle. These can increase the attack and speed of him and his allies, heal them from the damage taken, nullify any damage taken, shrink his opponents and deal damage upon them.