Powers and Stats
Name: Liu Kang
Origin: Mortal Kombat
Age: Apparently in his 20s (at the time of his death in MK9), though possibly 30s by Deadly Alliance (in which he died), likely in his 50s in MKX
Classification: Human, Martial Artist, Chosen Warrior, Undead (After being revived as a Revenant), Emperor of the Netherrealm
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Expert Martial Artist, Chi Manipulation, Fire Manipulation, Light and Darkness Manipulation, Flight, Shapeshifting (Typically transforms into a fire breathing dragon), Very high resistance to blood loss, Immortality (Type 1; the title holder of Mortal Kombat does not age, also applicable to Zombie Liu Kang. Types 1 and 7 as a Revenant)
Speed: Massively Hypersonic
Lifting Strength: Class K+
Striking Strength: Town Class
Durability: Town level (Immortality makes him hard to kill as a Revenant)
Stamina: Very high. Limitless as a Zombie and Revenant.
Range: Standard melee range. Extended melee range with chains. Tens of meters with projectiles.
Standard Equipment: Nunchaku, hooks and chains as a zombie.
Intelligence: Above average; skilled combatant.
Weaknesses: Human weaknesses such as need for air or food. None notable as a Zombie and Revenant.
- Flying Dragon Kick: Liu Kang flies across the screen and connects with a kick to the opponent's torso. This move was used to defeat Shang Tsung.
- Flame Dragon Kick: Liu Kang's leg becomes covered in fire, making him quicker and increases damage.
- High Fireball / Low FireBall: Liu Kang sends a fiery flame in the shape of a dragon across the screen out of his hands at his opponent. He is also able to shoot it in the air, and kneel down to send it at his opponent's feet.
- High Dragon Fire / Low Dragon Fire: The fireball takes the form of a flaming black dragon.
- Large Fireball: Liu Kang fires a larger fireball that sets his opponent on fire.
- Bicycle Kick: Liu Kang flies across the screen with a series of multiple kicks to the opponent's torso.
- Bicycle Steps: Liu Kang's feet become enshrouded by fire, speeding up his kicks and adding an extra 3 kicks.
- Dragon's Tail: Liu Kang does a cartwheel kick on his opponent, similar to his first Mortal Kombat Fatality.
- Shadow Bicycle Kick: A faster version of bicycle kick which leaves a red shadow, this is somewhat copied from Johnny Cage's Red Shadow kick, but Liu's Bicycle Kick makes it his own.
- Parry: Liu Kang gets in a parry stance with flames emitting from his hands. If his opponent attacks him while he's like this, he'll disappear in a burst of flames, reappear behind his opponent and deliver a swift surprise punch in the back.
- Burning Parry: If Liu Kang is struck, he will connect with an uppercut.
- Dragon Morph: Liu Kang shapeshifts into a Dragon and eats the opponent's body. Shaolin Monks (game) demonstrated that it could breath fire also.
- Chin Up: Another move based on his first Mortal Kombat Fatality, Liu Kang performs a cartwheel kick and uppercut, which damages his opponent's jaw and skull and causes them to fly in the air. As they come back down he kicks them in the face, causing another damaging blow to the jaw and skull.
- For The Shaolin: Liu Kang delivers a jab to the face and a punch to the stomach before giving a palm to the nose, breaking the skull. Afterwards he kicks the opponents stomach and delivers two more punches to the face before chopping the opponents neck, shattering their vertebrae. Finally he kicks the opponents face, and delivers three punches to the back, the third punch with enough impact to burst the opponents ribcage.