Latios is a dual-type Dragon/Psychic Legendary Pokémon. While it is not known to evolve into or from any other Pokémon, it can Mega Evolve into Mega Latios using the Latiosite. It is a member of the eon duo of Hoenn along with Latias.
Power and Stats
Tier: Low 6-B | High 6-A
Classification: Pokémon, Legendary Pokémon, Eon Pokémon
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Telekinesis, Flight, Energy Manipulation, Light Manipulation, Statistics Amplification, Can negate Regeneration, Regeneration (Mid-Low), Can transfer status ailments onto the opponent, Can heal status ailments from itself, Forcefield Creation, Healing, Resistance to Fighting, Fire, Water, Grass, Electric, and Psychic Type moves.
Attack Potency: Small Country level (Manage to merge his psychic power with Latias to create a highly powerful and concentrated ball of energy that completely disperses a tsunami. Should be somewhat comparable to Moltres) | Large Continent level (Can hurt Latias, who has the same durability)
Speed: At least Sub-Relativistic, likely higher (Fast enough to cross the Hoenn region in seconds. Comparable to Shaymin, dodged multiple Lightning bolts in Shadows of Almia. Far faster than any normal Pokémon) | At least Sub-Relativistic, likely higher (Faster than before)
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Striking Strength: Small Country Class | Large Continent Class
Range: Standard melee range. Tens of kilometers with attacks.
Standard Equipment: Latiosite (Allows Latios to Mega Evolve), Soul Dew (Boosts power of Latios' Dragon and Psychic Type moves)
Notable Attacks/Techniques: Here is a list of all his moves.
- Luster Purge: Latios' signature move. Latios fires off a bright pink beam of psychic energy which has a high chance of lower the opponent's special defense.
- Memento: Latios lowers the opponent's attack and special attack while fainting in the process.
- Helping Hand: Latios assists one of his allies by increasing the power of their next attack.
- Heal Block: Latios prevents the opponent from healing at all. Draining effects still occur although they don't heal any injuries.
- Psywave: Latios fires off a psychic wave of energy that deals consistent damage.
- Safeguard: Latios sets up a barrier that protects him and his allies from status conditions.
- Protect: Latios creates a forcefield to protect himself.
- Dragon Dance: Latios performs a mystical and powerful dance to boost his attack and speed.
- Stored Power: Latios fires off a blast of psychic energy that increases in power the more stat boosts Latios has accumulated.
- Refresh: Latios heals himself of any status conditions he may have.
- Heal Pulse: Latios releases a pulse of energy that heals whoever he targets.
- Dragon Breath: Latios fires off a hazy purple flame-like energy that can cause paralysis.
- Psycho Shift: Latios passes any status conditions he may have received onto the opponent.
- Recover: Latios heals himself of any damage he may have received by up to half of his maximum health.
- Telekinesis: Latios lifts the opponent into the air using his psychic powers making them easier to hit.
- Zen Headbutt: Latios focuses some psychic power into his head and then headbutts the opponent possibly making them flinch.
- Power Split: Latios averages his attack and special attack with the opponent using his psychic power.
- Psychic: Latios uses a strong psychokinesis for offensive, defensive, and supplemnentary means such as lifting the target in question or simply blasting them. This may also lower their special defense.
- Dragon Pulse: Latios fires off a multicolored dragon-shaped beam of energy.
- Giga Impact: Latios charges the opponent while covered in a purple and orange comet-like energy. Unlike most Pokémon Latios doesn't appear to need to rest afterwards.
- Light Screen: Latios sets up a psychic screen around himself and his allies that halves the damage of special attacks.
Key: Latios | Mega Latios