|“||You're the lady of this house? That kind of dark magic is kind of old-fashioned, you know...kind of a waste though...||„|
|~ Lancer's banter while tracking down Ayaka|
Lancer (ランサー, Ransā) is the Lancer-class Servant of Misaya Reiroukan in the Second Tokyo Holy Grail War.
Lancer's True Name is Cú Chulainn (犬クー・フーリン), sharing an identical True Name with another Lancer. While being "sort of the same person", Lancer is more youthful in both body and mind than his counterpart. Also known as the Hound of Culann, he is the Child of Light descended from the sun god Lugh, known as a peerless great hero from the Ulster Cycle.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 7-A, higher with thrown Gáe Bolg.
Name: Lancer, Cú Chulainn
Age: Unknown; younger than his Mainstream counterpart
Classification: Lancer-Class Servant, Heroic Spirit
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Enhanced Senses, Master Spearman, Rune Magic (Allows for Forcefield Creation, Elemental Manipulation, Healing, Clairvoyance, Magic Resistance and temporary boosts to his Noble Phantasms and parameters), can easily predict the paths of incoming projectiles, Regeneration Negation and Causality Manipulation with Gáe Bolg (Piercing Crimson Lance reverses causality so the effect of the target's heart being pierced occurs before the cause of the attack), The thrown version homes in on its target, Soul Manipulation (All Servants can consume souls to replenish their mana), Intangibility and Invisibility in spirit form, Immunity to Modern Weapons (Servants are Divine Mysteries that cannot be harmed by modern weapons such as guns, knives, or bombs unless they are infused with a supernatural aspect such as magical energy or possess a certain amount of age), Resistance to Magic (Including effects such as Petrification, Spatial Manipulation, and Mind Manipulation), Regeneration (Mid-Low; all Servants have regenerative capabilities)
Attack Potency: Mountain level (Capable of trading blows with King Arthur), higher with thrown Gáe Bolg (The same as his older counterpart's thrown Gáe Bolg). Piercing Crimson Lance also ignores conventional durability (It reverses cause and effect to bypass barriers and always strike its target's heart).
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Striking Strength: Mountain Class
Durability: Mountain level
Stamina: High. Other Servants can continue fighting for an entire day without stopping.
Range: Extended melee range, further with Runes, Tens of kilometers with thrown Gáe Bolg.
Standard Equipment: Gáe Bolg
Intelligence: As the legendary hero of the Ulster Cycle, Cú Chulainn is renowned for his incredible combat ability, killing Chulann's fierce guard hound as a child even before being properly trained. After getting trained by Scáthach in the Land of Shadows in the arts of combat, he becomes a master spearman and a expert combatant, mastering her many techniques as well as being given the Cursed Spear Gáe Bolg. In addition during his training in the Land of Shadows, Cú Chulainn also mastered the use of Rune Magic, having mastered the Eighteen Original Norse Runes.
Weaknesses: Only uses Gáe Bolg as a last resort, when he is convinced that it can finish off his opponent.
Gáe Bolg: Piercing Crimson Lance: Lancer's Noble Phantasm, the cursed spear, Gáe Bolg which was given to him by his master Scáthach in the Land of Shadows. It was created from the skull of the great beast, Curruid. It functions in the exact same way as his older counterpart's Gáe Bolg, possessing both the Anti-Unit and Anti-Army function.
Magic Resistance: An ability that grants protection against magical effects. As opposed to the Resistance effect, which merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. Lancer's C Rank cancels spells with a chant below two verses, but cannot defend against Magecraft on the level of High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals.
Divinity: The measure of one's Divine blood, reflected in high ranks by the user becoming part Divine Spirit, though it decreases if the user dislikes the gods. It allows Lancer to reduce "purge defense" in proportion to the rank of his Divinity, allowing him to break through defensive abilities such as Achilles' Andreas Amarantos. Cú Chulainn is the son of Lugh, the God of Light, who possessed every skill, and thus has B-rank Divinity.
Protection from Arrows: A skill that provides increased defense against ranged attacks through the prediction of the projectiles' trajectories, whether through hearing the air being cut or sensing an enemy's killing intent. As long as the shooter is within Lancer's line of sight, he can track down their projectiles and defend against them easily, but it offers no protection against extremely long range attacks or those with a great area-of-effect.
Rune Magic: A skill that measures one's knowledge of this type of Northern European Magecraft. Just like his older counterpart, he has mastered the original eighteen Norse Runes, but due to being summoned as a Lancer his rank is only at B-rank. Known uses of Rune Magic are:
- Ansuz: By drawing Ansuz in the air or carving into the ground, Lancer can use powerful fire magic that can be cast with a simple hand gesture. His older counterpart was able to burn down an entire castle despite using it while on the verge of death.
- Ath nGabla: A spell involving the runes Algiz, Nauthiz, Ansuz, and Inguz in successive order, it prevents all who see it from retreating and prevents them from refusing one-on-one combat.
- Berkano: Using stones as a medium, the Berkano rune allows Lancer to track his opponents.
- Ehwaz: A Rune of hardening, it enhances the durability of items its carved into as well as the amount of power that can be exerted through them. This allows Bazett Fraga McRemitz to easily smash through human heads when carved into her gloves. Lancer's version should be far superior.
- Kenaz: A Rune that can be used to enhance one's eyesight.
- Unknown Barrier Spell: Like his older counterpart, Lancer should be able to use Runes to create barriers powerful enough to block a great Noble Phantasm.
- Unknown Memory Spell: By inscribing an unknown set of runes into an item, it can be used to erase the memories of those attacked by it.
- Unknown Magic Resistance Spell: Lancer can use Runes to employ effects that correspond to the Magic Resistance skill.
- Unknown Clairvoyance Spell: Lancer can use Runes to employ effects that correspond to the Clairvoyance skill.
Beast Killer: Is the ability to unleash a special attack towards magical beasts and wild animals. As a monster-hunting specialist, Lancer has a B+ Rank in this skill.