|“||If i'm treated kindly, I'll start to like you, I will end up falling in love with you. If it happens, it's not good... no, I must not...||„|
|~ Brynhildr distancing herself from others|
Lancer (ランサー, Ransā) is the Lancer-class Servant of Nigel Sayward in the First Holy Grail War of Fate/Prototype: Fragments of Blue and Silver.
Lancer's True Name is Brynhildr (ブリュンヒルデ, Buryunhirude), also known as Brunhild, is the goddess of war from Northern Europe. She is the daughter of Odin, the Great God of Northern Europe, and one of the shieldmaiden Valkyries. A tragic woman from Norse mythology. She is treated as Brünnhilde (ブリュンヒルト, Buryunhiruto) in Wagner's opera "Der Ring des Nibelungen" a legend of a knight equal to that of King Arthur. She is a Valkyrie, a shieldmaiden, who escorts the souls of the departed to Valhalla. She was a queen who was not able to join hands with her beloved hero and invited ruin from her sadness.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 7-A, Unknown with Brynhild Romantia
Name: Lancer, Brynhildr, Brunhild
Classification: Servant, Heroic Spirit, Valkyrie
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Expert Hand-to-Hand Combatant, Expert Spearwoman, Resistance to Magical Attacks such as Petrification, Spatial Manipulation, and Mind Manipulation), Rune Magic which she can use to Create Forcefields, Boost her parameters, Fly, Freeze targets, Create massive boulders, and Wide-scale Energy Blasts, Fire Manipulation via Mana Burst (Flames), Soul Manipulation (all Servants can consume souls to replenish their mana), Regeneration (Mid-Low)Able to ride virtually all vehicles and mounts even beings like Phantasmal Beasts and Divine Beasts,Intangibility and Invisibility in spirit form, Immunity to conventional weapons
Attack Potency: Mountain level (Fought and traded blows with (Saber and managed to crack Ozymandia's temple), Unknown with Brynhild Romantia (Her spear becomes heavier and more powerful the more she loves the target, and it is powerful enough to kill the goddess Hel when fully grown)
Lifting Strength: At least Superhuman (even the weakest Servant is stronger than the strongest human)
Striking Strength: Mountain Class
Stamina: Tireless for as long as she has sufficient prana
Range: Extended melee range with her lance, several hundreds of meters with her Noble Phantasm
Standard Equipment: Brynhild Romantia, a spear that is a manifestation of her affection and hatred towards Sigurd
Intelligence: Brynhildr is a highly skilled lancer, daughter of Odin, the Great God of Northern Europe, former goddess of war, and is a Valkyrie in charge of escorting the souls of the departed to Valhalla. She has recorded many of the skills from the tens of thousands of battlefields she's encountered and is skilled enough to overwhelm Saber with her speed and technique for most of their fight.
Weaknesses: Her Noble Phantasm Brynhild Romantia will backfire on her if she holds no love for the target, She has an obsession with killing Sigurd at all costs, She is noted to have a preference for a particular attack pattern which can be then exploited and countered when faced frequently enough, She cannot use Brynhild Komedia under normal circumstances unless she has enough mana from her master.
- Brynhild Romantia: Until Death Divide the Two Apart: Brynhildr's "spear of love and hate". The spear grows heavier and larger the more she loves, and is even able to kill the goddess Hel when fully grown. While its effective targets seem limited, Brynhildr holds some love towards every hero due to her being a former Valkyrie. The deeper the love one has for the target of this Noble Phantasm, the more accurate and damaging it becomes.
- Brynhild Komedia: A Journey to Hel Just for Me : A powerful Noble Phantasm possessed by Brynhild. It is capable of wide-scale destruction, but she cannot utilize it under that capacity because she uses it instead to increase the power of her Primordial Runes.
- Magic Resistance:grants protection against magical effects. Differently from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. Brynhildr's B rank allows to cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for them to be affected.
- Divinity: is the measure of whether one has Divine Spirit aptitude or not. At high levels one is treated as a mixed race of a Divine Spirit, and the level declines when the Heroic Spirit's own rank as a Monster, Demonic Beast raises. It can also decrease due one's dislike for the gods. It also has an effect which reduces special defensive values called "purge defense" in proportion to the Divinity's Rank.
- Primordial Rune: A skill that represent's one's knowledge of Runes that come from an older eras. Those with knowledge of Primordial Runes can also make use of the classic Rune Magic. Brynhildr's Primordial Rune is so powerful that it would allow her to instantly level Tokyo if it was fully powered, but even her extremely competent Master is unable to provide this much mana.
- Riding: the Class Skill of Rider and Saber, is the ability to ride mounts. Rider-class Servants will typically possess a high rank, and A-rank can allow for Phantasmal Beasts and Divine Beasts to be mounted. Brynhildr's A-Rank Riding allows her to mount virtually any vehicle and ride it to speeds that can take Servants by surprise.
- Mana Burst (Flames): is a version of Mana Burst that infuses weapons with Magical Energy that imparts a flame effect. Along with the power of her Primordial Runes, she is able to easily burn Arash's arrows before they are able to reach her.
- Hero's Bridesmaid: A skill that allows Brynhildr to view another Heroic Spirit's legend; seeing their skills and identity causes her to adore them if their legend had love in it, thus activating the prerequisite for Brynhildr Romantia and providing information on her opponent in one fell swoop.