|“||Oh, let's break it down!||„|
|~ Lúcio activating the Sound Barrier|
Lúcio Correia dos Santos grew up in Rio de Janeiro, in a poor and crowded favela that was hit hard by the financial upheaval following the Omnic Crisis. As Brazil began the long process of recovery, he wanted to find a way to lift the spirits of those around him. He found his answer in music and its power to bring people together and even help them forget their troubles, if only for a short time. He performed on street corners, in block parties, and as he got older, at a string of legendary underground shows.
But Lúcio's close-knit community was thrown into chaos when the multinational Vishkar Corporation secured a contract to redevelop large tracts of the city. Lúcio and his neighbors had been told that the development would improve their lives. However, that promise never became a reality. Vishkar imposed controls on the residents in the name of building a more orderly society: enforcing curfews, cracking down on what the company perceived as lawless behavior, and exploiting the populace as a cheap labor force.
Lúcio wouldn't stand for it. He stole Vishkar sonic technology that had been used to suppress the people, and he converted it into a tool to rally them to action. In a popular uprising, they drove Vishkar out of their neighborhoods. Lúcio's leadership made him a star overnight and a symbol for positive social change. His music skyrocketed in popularity. Whereas he had once performed locally, he was now filling arenas across the world. He built up a career doing live shows, and became something of a national icon in Brazil.
With his newfound fame, Lúcio realized that he had an opportunity to make a difference and change the world for the better.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 10-A, possibly High 8-C with his Sonic Amplifier
Name: Lúcio Correia dos Santos
Classification: World Famous Celebrity DJ, Freedom Fighter
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Healing (Mid-Low), Forcefield Creation, Can boost his speed and that of his allies, Can fire off bursts of concentrated sound as solid projectiles, Can skate across walls
Lifting Strength: Athletic Human
Striking Strength: Athlete Class
Durability: Large Building level (Can take hits from other heroes)
Stamina: High (Can tend to multiple allies and endure entire firefights without slowing down)
Range: Several meters with his music, A dozen meters with the Sound Barrier, Several dozen meters with the Sonic Amplifier
Standard Equipment: Sonic Amplification Weaponry, Skates that allow him to move along walls
Intelligence: Despite his lack of formal military training, Lúcio is a natural leader and a fearless freedom fighter who constantly weaves in and out of combat to support his allies and disrupt his foes. He single-handedly infiltrated the heavily guarded facilities of the Vishkar Corporation and stole their technology to lead a successful uprising against their armed security force. He is able to keep pace with and hold his own against Overwatch's best as well as terrorists, murderers, and assassins. In addition to his musical and combat prowess, he is also a capable engineer, having modified the technology his stole to suit his needs and being creative enough to create a variety of uses for what was likely a single-function weapon.
Weaknesses: Lúcio's equipment is support-based and is thus less effective without nearby allies, His music's effects are limited to those who can hear it and can be obstructed as normal sounds can, Amp It Up has a significant cooldown period, Presumably has a limited number of charges for his Sonic Amplifier
- Sonic Amplifier: Lúcio's primary weapon, it fires bursts of four compressed sound projectiles that deal concussive force on impact. They're comparable to bullets individually and normally travel in almost perfectly straight lines, but can be shot in a fan pattern if Lucio chooses to sweep his arm in front of him while firing.
- Soundwave: The Sonic Amplifier's alternate function allows it to fire a short-ranged burst of sound that sends the target flying in the opposite direction, making it useful for exploiting the terrain or for simply creating distance between Lúcio and a tenacious opponent.
- Crossfade: Lúcio uses his sonic technology to amplify his music, energizing him and his allies with invigorating sound waves. He can switch between them at any time to suit the situation.
- Amp it Up: Lúcio overclocks his sound system, greatly raising the volume and potency of the music track he has active. Afterwards, the system needs to cool down, rendering him unable to amp the volume again for a significant period of time.
- Sound Barrier: Lúcio slams the ground with his Sonic Amplifier, releasing giant soundwaves that shield him and all nearby allies with a durable barrier of protective sound that shuts out all incoming fire while it lasts. However, due to being sound-based in nature, the effects are temporary and the barrier quickly decays over several seconds.