|“||Kyogre is named in mythology as the Pokémon that expanded the sea by covering the land with torrential rains and towering tidal waves. It took to sleep after a cataclysmic battle with Groudon.||„|
|~ Pokédex, Pokémon Sapphire|
Kyogre (Japanese: カイオーガ Kyogre) is a Water Type Legendary Pokémon. Along with Groudon and Rayquaza, Kyogre is a part of the weather trio. Kyogre possesses the ability to expand the oceans. In ancient times, it came into conflict with Groudon, a Pokémon with the ability to expand continents.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 5-C | At least 5-C
Origin: Pokémon (Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire, their remake Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire)
Age: Several millions of years old
Classification: Legendary Pokémon, Sea Basin Pokémon, Super-Ancient Pokémon, Pokémon, Personification of the Seas
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Water Manipulation, Ice Manipulation, Earth Manipulation, Weather Manipulation in its presence (Rain and storm), Self-Healing (Via Aqua Ring and Rest), Statistics Amplification, Energy Manipulation, Possibility for Status Effect Inducement, Resistance to Steel, Fire, Water, and Ice Type moves. | Same as base but to a greater degree, Flight and with the additional ability to completely negate Fire.
Speed: Massively Hypersonic+ (Likely around the same speed as its Primal form, perhaps lower) | Massively Hypersonic+ (Mach 6124.33; as fast as Groudon)
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Striking Strength: Moon Class (Equal to Groudon) | At least Moon Class (Far stronger after undergoing Primal Reversion)
Durability: Moon level (Took hits from Groudon) | At least Moon level
Stamina: Quite high (It was able to fight against its rival, Groudon, for days)
Range: Extended melee range due to size. Thousands of kilometers with certain moves of various types.
Standard Equipment: Blue Orb (Allows it to immediately undergo Primal Reversion)
Intelligence: High; able to effectively hide from most that attempt to find it within the deep ocean.
- Drizzle: Summons rain when it starts to battle. The rain strengthens Water Type attacks while also weakening Fire Type attacks during battle; it can also make the moves Hurricane and Thunder more accurate towards the opponent.
- Primordial Sea: Primal only. Affects weather in the same way as Drizzle only the rain is now so intense that it completely nullifies any Fire Type moves.
- Water Spout: Kyogre launches pillars of highly pressurized water at the opponent.
- Origin Pulse: Kyogre's signature move. Kyogre jumps into the air and multiple blue orbs appear all around it. It then fires a beam of blue energy from each orb at the opponent. This attack can hit multiple opponents at once.
- Hydro Pump: Kyogre fires a powerful highly pressurized stream of water from its mouth at the opponent.
- Hyper Beam: Kyogre fires a destructive beam of energy from its mouth at the opponent. Unlike most Pokémon Kyogre lacks the need to recharge afterwards.
- Sheer Cold: Kyogre generates a blue field of freezing energy that then expands outwards freezing anything in its path. Ice Types are immune.
- Ice Beam: Kyogre fires an icy blue beam of energy from its mouth at the opponent. This can also be used to create ice in general and freeze water.
- Calm Mind: Kyogre calms its mind boosting its special attack and special defense.
- Aqua Ring: Kyogre forms rings of water around itself that slowly heals it over time.
- Ancient Power: Kyogre manipulates nearby rocks with an ancient power and hurls them at the opponent. This may also raise all of Kyogre's stats.
- Rest: Kyogre falls asleep and heals itself back up to peak condition. This leaves Kyogre asleep for bit however.
- Double-Edge: Kyogre rams into the opponent harshly. This causes recoil damage to Kyogre however.
- Body Slam: Kyogre body slams the opponent, possibly paralyzing them.
- Aqua Tail: Kyogre envelopes its tail in a torrent of water and swings it at the opponent.
- Water Pulse: Kyogre fires off a sphere of water that may confuse the opponent.
- Muddy Water: Kyogre sends a wave of murky and muddy water at the opponent, possibly lowering their accuracy. This attack can hit multiple opponents at once.
- Scary Face: Kyogre makes a scary face at the opponent, lowering their speed.
Key: Base | Primal