|“||Ichigo... If our positions had been reversed... Would things have still turned out the same way? Would you have ended up like me? Tell me, Ichigo... If our positions were reversed... Could we have been...||„|
Kūgo Ginjō (銀城 空吾, Ginjō Kūgo) is a Fullbringer and was the leader and member No. 001 of the organization known as Xcution. He was the first Substitute Shinigami.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 7-C | 7-A
Name: Kūgo Ginjō
Age: Unknown, looks as if he is in his early-mid 30s
Classification: Human-Fullbringer, The First Substitute Shinigami
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Pseudo-Flight, Zanjutsu expert (Art of the Sword), Hakuda expert (Hand-to-Hand Combat), Shunpo and Bringer Light Expert (Speed enhancement technique), Is able to take his Reiyoku and exert it as Reiatsu to increase the user's offensive and defensive abilities, The ability to access Shikai and Bankai (upgrades that increase his power), Can fire slicing blasts of Reiatsu as well as energy beams, Can absorb the power of other Fullbringers as well as transfer this power onto other Fullbringers, Can sense beings with Reiatsu
Attack Potency: Town level (His Getsuga Tenshō is as powerful as Post-Timeskip Ichigo's own blast in Shikai) | Mountain level (He was capable of fighting on par with Post-Timeskip Bankai Ichigo for a while)
Speed: Massively Hypersonic+ (Kūgo is able to dodge successive attacks from Jackie, Riruka, and Giriko, all while they were using their Fullbring abilities, and able to dodge a volley of arrows from Ishida) | Massively Hypersonic+
Lifting Strength: Class 5
Striking Strength: Town Class | Mountain Class
Durability: Town level (Able to withstand a direct Gestuga Tenshō from Post-Timeskip Shikai Ichigo) | Mountain level (He was capable of fighting on par with Post-Timeskip Bankai Ichigo for a while)
Stamina: High, able to take the full brunt of the explosion caused by Ichigo's Fullbring completing and still being able to stand afterwards
Range: Extended melee range with his sword, at least hundreds of meters in stronger forms, or using techniques like Getsuga Tenshō
Standard Equipment: Substitute Shinigami Badge, His Fullbring, Cross of Scaffold
Intelligence: Kūgo is a skillful swordsman, being able to hold his own against the likes of Tsukishima and Ichigo Kurosaki, having defeated the latter twice, though he lacked his Shinigami powers at the time. In addition to this, he was also able to take on the combined might of Jackie, Riruka, Giriko and Shishigawara using just his sword skills.
Weaknesses: None notable
Bringer Light (完現光 (ブリンガーライト), Buringā Raito; lit. "Full Manifestation Light"): Fullbringers can induce states of high-speed movement through Fullbring. Such movements are accompanied by the flickering of a green luminescence called which is the preliminary for each high-speed movement. This speed is achieved through a variety of different uses of Fullbring. By pulling on the soul of the ground beneath their feet, Fullbringers can increase its elasticity, greatly enhancing their jumping ability as a result. In addition, by Fullbringing the air around them, they can accelerate their movements. Doing so can consequentially strengthen the force of their blows.
- Enhanced Speed: Due to his mastery of Fullbring, Kūgo can increase his speed and the height of his jumps by pulling on the soul of the concrete or air. Kūgo is quite fast, being able to get between a point blank attack by Tsukishima on Ichigo from a considerable distance, taking the attack himself in the process. He is capable of dodging Ichigo's incredibly fast and powerful sword swinging after the latter regains his Shinigami powers.
Hand-to-Hand Combatant: Kūgo is able to fight barehanded, using swift movements to land blows on his opponents before they can even react.
Spiritual Power: He has enough spiritual power for Ichigo to see his form "bathed in Reiatsu".
Spiritual Awareness: Kūgo is able to see and sense spiritual beings, such as Shinigami and Hollows, at a significant distance or determine what direction they are in. He was also able to sense Tsukishima's Reiatsu drastically decreasing, and tell how much time he had to live.
Cross of Scaffold (クロス·オブ·スキャッフォルド, Kurosu obu Sukyafforudo): Using Fullbring, Kūgo is able to transform the Saltire pendant on his necklace into a large Claymore. The blade is a long, very wide, double-edged form of a longsword. The crossguard consists of a small red gem at the center and two straight ornate arms ending in simplistic version of a fleur-de-lis. The sword's handle runs through its guard, continuing on through a gold hollow space at the base of its blade. The handle is almost the same length of the blade itself. This part of the handle allows Kūgo to attack opponents at closer ranges.
- Energy Blade: By gripping the handle near the base of his broadsword's blade and swinging the Cross of Scaffold around, Kūgo can generate large amounts of light green Reiryoku which sheathes itself over the blade. When he swings the sword at his desired target, the slash creates a massive explosion upon impact.
Enhanced Cross of Scaffold: Kūgo places his Substitute Shinigami Badge onto his sword, merging it with his sword. In this form, the Cross of Scaffold is very similar to its original form, but with significant visual differences. The center portion of the cross-guard, which originally contained the small red stone, now has a small decorative skull with an 'X' over it. The handle in the hollow part of the blade resembles a spinal column, while the hollow portion takes on a dark, metallic look.
- Fullbring Absorption: Upon impaling a target on his blade, Kūgo is capable of absorbing another Fullbringer's ability into his Cross of Scaffold. The actual act liquefies the Fullbring and draws it into the sword. The effect of the ability causes what would be normally a physical injury to leave no actual wound.
- Ability Replication: Upon absorption of one's Fullbring, he also incorporates their own Reiatsu into the attack, making it virtually identical to the original user. This allows Kūgo the ability to use any technique that was incorporated within the Fullbring.
- Partial-Control of Invaders Must Die: As a result of exchanging powers among all of the Fullbringers as a sign of loyalty, Kūgo is able to stop Yukio from deactivating his Fullbring without his explicit orders, whilst he is in Yukio's Fullbring range.
- Fullbring Armor: Kūgo is able to further activate a Clad-type Fullbring, covering his body in armor plates and skeletal looking bones. His chest is covered in a bone-like lattice resembling a ribcage, further extending downward to bony plates that cover his abdomen. His hands are clad in gloves, the tops of which resemble hand bones. He gains shoulder pads in the form of bone plates, and bone plate shin guards that extend to his bone knee-pad plates, which extend up to his mid thigh. He also gains a belt with a large X-shaped buckle. The armor is durable enough to withstand a direct hit from a Getsuga Tenshō from Ichigo's Shikai without any signs of damage.
- Getsuga Tenshō (月牙天衝, Moon Fang Heaven-Piercer): Kūgo is able to use Getsuga Tenshō, releasing a blast of highly condensed light purple spiritual power through his sword in the shape of a crescent moon.
- Fullbring Transference: Kūgo is capable of transferring portions of the Fullbring he has absorbed to other Fullbringers. He utilizes this by cutting those he chooses to transfer the power to.
- Enhanced Spiritual Power: After gaining part of Ichigo's reiatsu, Kūgo's own spiritual power increases greatly. His energy-based attacks become stronger and he is able to fight Ichigo in his Shinigami form.
- Enhanced Energy Blast: By gathering spiritual energy in his blade, Kūgo is able to unleash a powerful green blast, which then fires at the target. When used against Uryū, his blast was able to damage several buildings in the virtual Karakura Town.
In his Bankai form, Kūgo's skeletal armor wraps more tightly around his form. The fur on his jacket turns red and becomes enlarged.He also gains fur around his legs. Upon activating his Bankai, Kūgo's facial features change as well. His hair and eyebrows turn white, and his eyes turn white with red sclera. A red cross-shaped marking also appears on his face. The guard and the hilt of his sword gain a more skeletal appearance, with a rigid bone-like plate dividing the hollow portion of his sword and the blade. From his back extend four "branches" of energy, giving the shape of an "X" from behind him.
- Enhanced Spiritual Power: Upon activating his Bankai, Kūgo's spiritual power increases immensely, making him capable of fighting on par with other Bankai-wielding opponents.
- Energy Beam: Kūgo can charge spiritual energy through his blade and fire it in the form of a beam.
Key: Fullbring | Bankai