Yūma Kuga (Kuga Yūma) is a character in the manga and anime series World Trigger and one of the main protagonists. He is a B-Class Attacker, a Neighbor, and a member of Mikumo Unit.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least 8-C | 8-A | At least Low 7-C with black trigger, possibly higher
Name: Kuga Yuma
Origin: World Trigger
Age: 11 physically, 15 Chronologically
Classification: Neighbor, Border Agent, Black Trigger user, B-class Agent by the current events of the story
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics due to always being in a Trion body, Mass Manipulation (Via Anchor), Can make blades take any shape, form, or position (via scorpion), Can tell when someone's lying, Regeneration (Mid-Low), Can generate shields, Shockwave Generation, Can summon Trion Soldiers, Can emergency escape via bail out, and Stat Amping
Attack Potency: At least Building level (Defeated a Bamster, which was comparable to a 2-3 story sized building, in one shot) | Multi-City Block level (Defeated Viza who destroyed multiple buildings with ease and was stated to be able to cut down an entire castle) | At least Small Town level (Comparable to Amo who could do this), possibly higher
Speed: At least Supersonic+ (Was able to dodge shotgun shells at point-blank range) | Hypersonic (Kept up with the whole A-Rank Miwa squad at once), possibly higher (Grasshopper propels Yuma at even higher speeds and allows him to build up velocity and momentum with the Pinball technique)
Lifting Strength: At least Superhuman (His Trion body makes him stronger than any human, and can further enhance his strength through Boost)
Striking Strength: At least Building Class (Has smashed through entire buildings in one hit) | Multi-City Block Class | At least Small Town Class
Durability: At least Building level (Is in his trion body at all times) | Multi-City Block level (tanked multiple attacks from Viza) | Small Town level (Black Trigger Mode further increases his durability), likely higher
Stamina: Large, used to fight wars in the neighborhood and fended off a portion of the large-scale invasion with no rest, Due to his Trion body he doesn't require sleep.
Range: Extended melee range with scorpion, Hundreds of meters with projectilesStandard Equipment: His assistant and friend Replica, which is a special Black Trigger who can merge with Yuma to boost his stats and can act as a medium to use other abilities such as Double Boost (amps physical stats), his other Triggers, Ring, Scorpion, and Grasshopper.
Intelligence: Is somewhat naive and socially inept due to growing up in the Neighborhood, but is very adept with machinery and the use of Triggers and can easily learn how to use new Triggers proficiently after acquiring them. He's also knowledgeable of the technology used by other countries as well as Japan's.
Weaknesses: Very laid back and rarely gets serious unless necessary. He will die if his Black Trigger is destroyed.
- Black Trigger: Yuma's most powerful and primary Trigger in combat. It greatly boosts his physical specs and grants him access to a variety of "seals", sigils that when activated generate a variety of effects:
- Bound: A blue seal with the kanji for "repel" which send people or objects flying at incredible speeds by repelling them.
- Boost: Seal with the kanji for "strength" which can be used to boost the physical parameters of Yuma or his allies or be used to increase the strength of an attack. This ability can be overlapped for a much sharper boost in power.
- Shield: A green seal for the kanji "shield", Yuma generates a barrier that absorbs attacks. However, while it can resist the attacks of most Neighbors, it can easily be penetrated by bullets.
- Chain: A seal with the kanji for "Chain", it can be used to trap enemies or link other seals together. Overlapping seals makes this ability stronger.
- Anchor: A blue seal with kanji for "Anchor", it can be used to create heavy projectiles to immobilize the opponent. It requires physical contact unless Yuma uses Bolt to activate it remotely.
- Bolt: A red seal with the kanji for "Shoot,"which can be used to shoot a flurry of Trion-based projectiles.
- Gate: A seal used by replica with the kanji for "gate," which can be used to summon Trion Warriors to defend Yuma in combat.
- Echo: A seal with the Kanji for "Sound" which creates a small earthquake using sound waves.
- Grasshopper: A Trigger that generates a Trion square that propels the user in the direction they desire, allowing for high-speed movements and hairpin turns.
- Pinball: A technique that creates dozens of Grasshopper Trion squares around a target to dash around them at high speeds in order to confuse the target and eventually strike them with the built up momentum and speed.
- Scorpion Trigger: Border's first attacking Trigger but has low durability, this causing it to break easily. capable of many shapeshifting forms in size and shape depending on the user.
- Mole Claw: A form of Scorpion used from the body, usually going into the ground or wall to surprise attack the enemy. like Scorpion, it can change into another form to attack underground.
- Branch Blade: A multi-bladed form of Scorpion that can be used to form blades from the head (for protection), hands, forearms, shins, and feet.
- Mantis: A single multi-directional/range extension of Scorpion by combining 2 Scorpion Triggers together.
Key: Base | B-Rank | With Black Trigger