Powers and Stats
Tier: 8-C | At least 8-B | Likely 7-A | 5-B | 5-B, High 5-A with Kienzan | High 4-C
Name: Krillin / Kuririn
Origin: Dragon Ball
Age: 14–48 years old at the end of Dragon Ball Z
Powers and Abilities: Master Martial Artist, Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Ki Manipulation (Can be used defensively and offensively, to strengthen his skin or to fire ki blasts, which can home in on targets, and form defensive barriers), Ki Sensing (Can locate others by reading their ki), Flight, Light Manipulation (Can create flashes of light to blind opponents, with his most powerful take on the technique negating even Ki Sensing)
Attack Potency: Building level (Should be somewhat comparable to Goku at the time) | At least City Block level (Should be superior to Tao Pai Pai, and managed to put up a fight against Goku) | Likely Mountain level (Superior to Yamcha and somewhat comparable to Tien Shinhan) | Planet level (One-shot four Saibamen, and his Kienzan would've cut Nappa in half had it landed) | Planet level (After having his potential unlocked, he was approaching Saiyan Saga Vegeta's power level and he only got stronger over the course of the fights on Namek), Dwarf Star level with Kienzan (Cut off second form Frieza's tail) | Large Star level (Comparable to Tien, who can destroy parts of the Katchin arena, making him stronger than base Gohan during the Buu Saga, and fought and harmed Shosa alongside Android 18)
Speed: Superhuman with Supersonic+ combat speed (Should be comparable to Goku) | Hypersonic+ (Faster than Tao, but was blitzed by Goku once he got serious) | At least Hypersonic+ (Faster than before) | Relativistic (Faster than Raditz, and managed to dodge casual attacks from Nappa) | Relativistic (Faster than before) | At least FTL+ (Comparable to 18)
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Striking Strength: Building Class | At least City Block Class | Likely Mountain Class | Planet Class | Planet Class | Large Star Class
Durability: Building level | At least City Block level (Goku needed several hits to knock him out of the ring) | Likely Mountain level | Planet level (Survived many blows from a casual Nappa) | Planet level | Large Star level
Range: Standard melee range. Tens of meters with ki blasts and attacks. | Standard melee range. Hundreds of meters with ki blasts and attacks. | Standard melee range. Tens of kilometers with ki blasts and attacks. | Standard melee range. Planetary with ki blasts and attacks. | Standard melee range. Planetary with ki blasts and attacks. | Standard melee range. Stellar with ki blasts and attacks.
Standard Equipment: Nothing notable.
Intelligence: Having been trained in the Turtle School alongside Goku by Master Roshi from an early age, Krillin is an exceptionally skilled martial artist with decades of combat experience. Lacking the Saiyan blood, sheer strength, and genius of Goku, Krillin instead depends on his tactical smarts, intelligently and practically putting his skills to use to survive against much stronger opponents. He has developed a number of techniques for this purpose.
Weaknesses: Krillin cannot survive in the vacuum of space.
Notable Attacks / Techniques:
Ki: The fighting power and life force of a martial artist, a tangible energy derived from the user's vigor, courage, and mind. It can be used in a number of ways, such as to surpass the limits of one's body to greatly increase in strength, and it can be fired as blasts of energy or used to create defensive barriers. Learning how to use ki at an early age, Krillin is now very skilled in its use, and has been called the strongest human on Earth, something that doubtlessly stems from his training under many martial artists and the potential he had unlocked by Grand Elder Guru.
- Double Tsuibikidan: Krillin fires two reddish-orange waves of ki from his hands, which can follow his opponent like homing missiles, making them difficult to evade, especially when Krillin attacks alongside them.
- Kamehameha: The signature technique of the Turtle School, which Krillin learned from Master Roshi. Charged and fired with both hands, it is a simple but powerful technique.
- Kienzan: Krillin's signature technique, a razor sharp blade of ki that he creates by holding his hand above his head. Possessing incredible cutting power, it's even powerful enough to cut cleanly through Frieza's tail in his second form. Due to his mastery of this technique, Krillin has made several variations, and can fire a barrage of the discs in rapid succession, or the Kienzan Triple Blade, in which the Kienzan splits into three separate discs, making it much harder to dodge.
- Scattering Bullet: Krillin charges up and fires a small large energy sphere that slowly flies into the air, where it explodes, splitting into many smaller, faster ki blasts that rain down upon his foe.
- Solar Flare: One of Tien Shinhan's signature techniques, which Krillin copied from him at some point. Bringing his hands up to his face, Krillin can create a bright flash of light that can blind opponents. By the time of the Tournament of Power, Krillin has created a stronger variation, the Solar Flare x100, flying in front of the sun to maximize its use. This technique is so powerful can blind an opponent even if they have their eyes closed and even blots out their ability to sense ki, but it takes up more energy as a result.
Key: 21st Budokai | 22nd Budokai | 23rd Budokai | Saiyan Saga | Namek Saga | Tournament of Power
Note: Krillin is only accepted as comparable to a heavily suppressed Android 18 before the Tournament of Power in Dragon Ball Super.