|“||If that's just hungry, I don't want to see angry.||„|
When the prophet Malzahar was reborn in Icathia, he was led there by an ominous voice which thereafter anchored itself to his psyche. From within, this voice bestowed upon him terrible purpose, and though Malzahar was no longer tormented by its call, the voice did not cease its unrelenting summons. This baleful beacon's gentle flicker - now fastened to Runeterra - drew forth a putrid beast that ambled across a threshold it did not understand, widening a fissure between the spaces which were never meant to meet. There amongst the haunting ruins of Icathia, Kog'Maw manifested in Valoran with unsettling curiosity. The spark which led him to Runeterra teased him still, urging him gently towards Malzahar. It also encouraged him to familiarize himself with his new environment, to the stark horror of everything he encountered on his journey.
The enchanting colors and aromas of Runeterra intoxicated Kog'Maw, and he explored the fruits of the strange world the only way he knew how: by devouring them. At first he sampled only the wild flora and fauna he happened across. As he traversed the parched Tempest Flats, however, he came upon a tribe of nomads. Seemingly unhampered by conventional rules of physics, Kog'Maw consumed every nomad and any obstacles they put in his way, amounting to many times his own mass and volume. The most composed of his victims may have had time to wonder if this was due to the caustic enzymes which stung the ground as they dripped from his gaping mouth, although such musings were abruptly concluded. Even this feeding frenzy did nothing to satiate Kog'Maw's appetite. His swathe of destruction continues still as he is inexorably drawn towards Malzahar. What happens when he finds him is anyone's guess.
Powers and Stats
Tier: Low 7-C | High 6-C
Name: Kog'Maw, the Mouth of the Abyss
Origin: League of Legends
Classification: Voidborn, Predator | Member of the Battlecast Army
Attack Potency: Small Town level+ (Can fight on-par with Garen and similarly powerful champions), Icanthian Surprise ignores conventional durability | Large Island level (On par with Battlecast Cho'Gath and Creator Viktor), Icanthian Surprise ignores conventional durability
Speed: Hypersonic+ with Massively Hypersonic+ reactions and combat speed (Can keep up with champions like Kled and Garen as well as close range lightning/light-based attacks), Infinite in the Void (Originates from the Void, a dimension that is both located outside of and completely lacks time) | Hypersonic+ with Massively Hypersonic+ reactions and combat speed
Lifting Strength: At least Superhuman
Striking Strength: Small Town Class+ | Large Island Class
Durability: Small Town level+ | Large Island level
Range: Dozens of meters with acid, considerably higher with Living Artillery
Standard Equipment: None notable
Intelligence: Below Average (Skilled in combat, but appears to be about as intelligent a an overly curious young child)
Weaknesses: Has a limited supply of mana with which to cast spells, his spells have cooldown periods, during which time they cannot be cast (Both are highly exaggerated in-game for gameplay balance purposes; for instance, Ekko is shown to be able to use his ultimate ability in rapid succession in his cinematic)
- Basic Attack: Kog'Maw fires a jet of acid, dealing physical damage.
- Icathian Surprise: Upon taking fatal damage, Kog'Maw remains active for 4 seconds, losing the ability to use abilities and basic attacks but becoming untargetable and invulnerable and gaining bonus movement speed over the duration, increasing to up to 40% bonus movement speed. He then explodes, dealing true damage to all nearby enemies.
- Caustic Spittle: Kog'Maw launches a corrosive projectile in a target direction, dealing magic damage to the first enemy it hits and reducing their armor and magic resistance for 4 seconds. Kog'Maw also permanently has bonus attack speed.
- Bio-Arcane Barrage: Active: For 6 seconds, Kog'Maw gains bonus attack range, doubles his total attack speed and attack speed cap, also halving his ability cast times, and causes each of his basic attacks to deal a portion of the target's maximum health bonus magic damage, capped at 100 against minions and monsters. While Bio-Arcane Barrage is active, Kog'Maw's basic attacks deal 55% damage to non-minions, though on-hit effects are still fully applied.
- Void Ooze: Kog'Maw spews a ball of ooze in the target direction, dealing magic damage and slowing enemies for 1 second. The ooze lingers for 4 seconds, slowing enemies who stand in the ooze and persisting for an additional 0.25 seconds.
- Living Artillery: Kog'Maw launches a ball of acid into the air that drops after 0.6 seconds at the target location, damaging all enemies hit and granting sight of them for 2 seconds. Living Artillery's damage is doubled against enemies below 50% maximum health, and tripled against enemies below 25% maximum health. Each subsequent Living Artillery within the next 10 seconds costs 50 additional mana, capping at 500 mana per cast.
- Health Potion: Regenerates health every half-second for 15 seconds. Limited to 5 at one time.
- Doran's Blade: Grants bonus health, attack damage, and life steal.
- Trinity Force: Grants bonus health, attack speed, attack damage, movement speed, mana, and cooldown reduction. After using an ability, the next basic attack deals bonus physical damage. Basic attacks grant bonus movement speed for 2 seconds. Killing a Unit grants +60 flat movement speed instead.
- Blade of the Ruined King: Grants bonus attack speed, attack damage, and life steal. Basic attacks deal 6% of the target's current health in bonus on-hit physical damage.
- Unique: Deals 10% of target champion's maximum Health as physical damage, heals for the same amount and steals 25% of the target's Movement Speed for 3 seconds.
- Berserker's Greaves: Grants bonus attack speed and movement speed.
- Infinity Edge: Grants bonus attack damage and critical strike chance, and increases critical strike damage by 50%.
- Warding Totem: Consume a charge to place an invisible Stealth Ward which reveals the surrounding area for 120 seconds. Stores one charge every 90 seconds, up to 2 maximum charges. Limited to 3 Stealth Wards active at a time.