Knuckles the Echidna is an anthropomorphic echidna and the current guardian of the Master Emerald, a powerful ancient relic which is his solemn duty to protect from anyone who wants to abuse it. He is also the sole remaining descendant of the Knuckles Clan and last of the echidnas on earth.
A loner by nature, Knuckles is independent, headstrong and serious, yet gullible and short-tempered to a fault. He is fully devoted to his duty, spending most of his time on Angel Island protecting the Master Emerald, and rarely cares for anything that is not important. When his friends and others are in need of his help, however, Knuckles can always be relied on being willing to leave his post and prove himself a true and good-hearted hero. He is also one of Sonic's oldest friends and rivals.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 8-A | High 6-A | 4-A
Name: Knuckles the Echidna
Origin: Sonic the Hedgehog (Debuted in Sonic the Hedgehog 3)
Classification: Anthropomorphic Echidna, Guardian of the Master Emerald, Leader of the Resistance
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Martial Arts, Spin Dash, Forcefield Creation (Of the fire and electricity variaties via Insta-Shield), Can sense emerald power, Can use the Master Emerald and control its powers, Can glide through the air and dig through the ground | Can punch the ground hard enough to create a shock wave that trips opponents or cause a small volcanic eruption, Limited Lightning Manipulation (Can summon lightning bolts), Limited Earth Manipulation, Fire Manipulation, Healing | All of his previous abilities on a dramatically enhanced scale, True Flight, Chaos Energy Manipulation
Attack Potency: Multi-City Block level (Fought Classic Sonic, Tails and Mecha Sonic) | Multi-Continent level (A consistent rival of Sonic, and has proven himself able to match Adventure Sonic in combat and fought Team Dark in Heroes) | Multi-Solar System level (As he uses the same power source, he should be about equal to Super Sonic)
Speed: Sub-Relativistic+ | Likely FTL (Can keep up with Sonic's casual run, he should be comparable to Tails speed movement speed wise) with FTL reactions and combat speed (Can react to and keep up with even Sonic's attacks, though he lacks the quickness Sonic has. Sonic has said in Sonic Battle that Knuckles is "easily read") | Massively FTL+ (Far swifter compared to his base form)
Striking Strength: Multi-City Block Class | Multi-Continent Class | Multi-Solar System Class
Durability: Multi-City Block level (Took a massive beating from both Sonic and Tails in Sonic 3 and he was just dazed) | Multi-Continent level | Multi-Solar System level
Stamina: Very high, among the highest on Sonic's team. Limitless as Super Knuckles.
Range: Standard melee range. Hundreds of meters with his attacks and abilities. | Standard melee range. Interstellar with his attacks and abilities.
Standard Equipment: None | Chaos Emeralds
Intelligence: Book smart (seems to have extensive knowledge of ancient civilizations, as he was able to translate an ancient language in the Gigan Rocks), skilled combatant, though a little naive (trusts individuals like Eggman despite him tricking him many times)
Weaknesses: His attacks are readable as stated by Sonic | None notable
- Insta-Shield: Knuckles creates a temporary shield for a split-second that can slash enemies and items within their range without having to touch them.
- Punch Attack: Knuckles' triple punch combo.
- Drill Claw: A downward flaming attack at the foes.
- Deep Impact: Knuckles performs a punch which is so powerful that it causes friction with the air, creating a small explosion.
- Maximum Heat Knuckles Attack: Knuckles strikes his enemies with a high-speed homing attack after charging his power.
- Thunder Arrow: Knuckles summons lightning bolts to strike his target.
- Meteor Crush: Knuckles throws a meteor from the sky using his earth manipulation powers.
- Knuckles Heal: Knuckles uses "the power of earth" to heal himself.
- Gliding Shock Wave Attack: Hyper Knuckles hits a surface while gliding, causing an earthquake that destroys everything within range.
Key: Classic Knuckles | Adventure and Modern Knuckles | Super Knuckles
Note: Classic Super Knuckles may be non-canon or dubiously canon.