|“||We live our lives filled with uncertainty, never knowing who or what we truly are, or what the future will bring. All we can do is imagine. Life becomes an unsolvable mystery with any number of twists and turns awaiting us. And that's enough to fill any soul with terror.||„|
|~ Kishin Asura|
Kishin Asura is the main antagonist in Soul Eater, brought into existence by the Great Old One Lord Death from a piece of his own soul as a means by the Grim Reaper to improve himself. While Asura served his father as both a fellow Old One and the strongest member of Death's Eight Guardians, he was extremely disturbed and paranoid of everything around him. It would be those insecurities that drove Asura over the edge, his obsession for gaining power to never be afraid resulting in his transition into the first Kishin. The battle that followed ended with the deaths of Eight Guardians' mortal members and Death sealing the living yet skinned and bloodless husk of Asura in his own skin inside what became the foundation of the Death Weapon Meister Academy. Eight centuries later, Asura was freed by the actions of the witch Medusa Gorgon and intends to plunge the world into madness once his body has fully healed.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least 8-A Physically, Unknown with Madness of Fear
Name: Kishin Asura
Origin: Soul Eater
Age: 800 years old
Classification: Grim Reaper, Kishin, Great Old One, Death's Eight Guardian (Former)
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Energy Projection, Skilled Hand-to-Hand Combatant, Immortality (Type 1), Regeneration (Low-Mid), Can absorb blood and heal himself, Shapeshifting, Flight, can induce fear within a target's mind simply by being near them, Can spawn minions, Can unleash black flames with Vajra, Can manipulate all of the bandages on his body
Attack Potency: At least Multi-City Block level (Is one of the strongest characters in the series)
Lifting Strength: Possibly Class M
Striking Strength: At least Multi-City Block Class
Range: Several hundred meters, higher with madness
- Vajra: Kishin's Weapon partner during his days as one of Death's Eight Guardians and also one of his first victims, force-fed innocent souls before being swallowed by his Meister. Since then, Vajra became a souless extension of Asura and partially regurgitated for his master's use to engulf multiple areas in blue flames.
Intelligence: Skilled combatant.
Weaknesses: Combatants with intense focus, or the ability to disperse it, can see through any illusions caused by the madness wavelength. In the anime, though he cannot die, Asura's physical form can be destroyed if his body is exposed to any attack imbued with courage.
-Soul Perception: A technique used by Weapon Meisters that allows the user to see into other's souls, Asura's paranoia boosting its power.
-Grim Reaper physiology: Being a Grim Reaper, Asura is naturally stronger and more resilient that a human. He is assumed to possess the same immunity to most weather conditions and natural poisons like Death the Kid.
- Konso: This ability allows Asura to store souls and hold them for later use.
- Sanzu Lines: A trait common in the Grim Reaper and those spawned from him, Asura's being in the form of lines in his bangs. Their lines eye-like broken appearance signifies that while Asura became a Grim Reaper in his own right, the absence of the third line means he could never succeed Lord Death.
-Madness of Fear: Unlike his father, having been created from a fragment of his father's soul that containing phobias, Asura's madness wavelength enables him to influence the minds of other with feelings of absolute terror. That same madness can also warped the afflicted into potential agents and spawn physical embodiments called Clowns. Even while being first sealed by Death under the DWMA, the madness wavelength's potency on the world was still felt. Asura can also use it as weapon in techniques like Compact, where he focuses his madness as a physical force to flatten his target.
-Black Blood: A type of artificially made black blood cell invented by Medusa that boosters the infected with madness and great power, used to revive Asura by replacing the blood he lost. It enables Asura to solidify and heal his wounds.
- Skin Scarves: Kishin can use the bandages all over his body, originally folds of his outstretched skin, to attack and defend.
- Unknown Dark Arts: Kishin capable of using an unknown form of black magic he created. This is typically used to fire energy blasts be it from his hand or with a certain incantation. Some cause pure destruction and others are used as a distraction.