Kazuma "Kazu" Mikura (Mikura Kazuma 美鞍 数馬), known informally as Kazu, is the second-in-command of team Kogarasumaru and the best friend of the series' protagonist, Itsuki Minami. He lives with his elder sister, as his parents are overseas.
Power and Stats
Tier: Low 7-C
Name: Kazuma Mikura
Origin: Air Gear
Classifications: Human, Flame King
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics
Speed: Transonic (with Super Stride IV "Sonic Boom") | Supersonic (As fast as a F-18/A "Hornet") | Supersonic+ (with Flame Road: After Burner) | Hypersonic (with Clones of Flame) | Hypersonic+ (with Cloak of Time) | Massively Hypersonic+ (with Time)
Lifting Strength: Peak Human
Striking Strength: Small Town Class
Durability: Small Town level
Range: Dozen's of meters
Standard Equipment: A.T(Air Trecks) and Flame Regalia
Intelligence: Master of copying his opponent's abilities; Kazu learned this ability during the battle against Aeon Clock. Outside of A·T, Kazu is a competent fist-fighter and an incredible batter, although his batting form is horrendous.
- Super Stride IV "Sonic Boom" - Kazu moves so fast that he creates a sonic boom and he uses that to boom to attack his opponent, this seems to be a variation of Flame Road: After Burner is similar to the Sonia Road's Thorns.
- Flame Road: After Burner - Using the same principle behind a jet engine's afterburners, Kazu accelerates to supersonic speeds, creating a sonic boom and leaving tongues of flame where he made footfall.
- Time - Kazu accelerates his moves with his A·T to strike the joints that initiate movement on an opponent's body, effectively paralyzing them; however, it takes a great deal of stamina to perform. The speed of the attack and burning sensation that the user experiences categorizes it as a Flame Road trick.
- Shield of Time - By applying the principles of the Time technique to defense, Kazu is able to create a shield capable of slowing down attacks and reducing the impact of connecting blows.
- Flame Drafts - Kazu is able to create fiery flame drafts on his own. This was first seen during the battle with Sleipnir, which allowed Ikki to soar above them to get back to his plane.
- Clones of Flame - Kazu creates "clones", which are actually the afterimages produced by his run.
- Agito & Akito & Kazuma Grand Fang Fire Bird - Agito creates a giant fang while Kazuma sets it a blaze with flames making it easily capable of taking down a plane.
- Flame Lens - A move based from Sleipnir'sNottdagr "wind lens" trick to project illusions, which he used to project an image of the plane he and Agito were riding on.
- Cloak of Time - Makes the user and or who the user want be made invisible for a short period of time. This is achieved by using heat convections to reflect light via high speeds.
- Platform of Flames - Using the rising air current from the "Flames" his A.T.s create, Kazu can use them as platforms, allowing him to stay in the air. He used this trick in chapter 315 in an attempt to make sure he wasn't stopped by Nike's vibrations
- St. Elmo's Crossfire: While utilizing the Apollon Road with Aeon Clock's assistance, Kazu creates a cross-shaped blast of flame. Utilizing all his energy and life force, Kazu can perform this trick on his own.
- Trick: Hole Nine Heaven's Door [Ættir] - Kazu uses this in his fight with Nike.
This trick enables the wielder of the Flame Regalia to perfectly replicate other riders' tricks and roads. This is made possible by the Regalia's connection with Skylink: it opens the "door" that seals the room containing the data file of every rider, and therefore the memory of their runs. However, the user needs experience and technique to able to use this technique perfectly, otherwise he will risk his life. Kazu utilizes this trick to emulate the Sonia Road's "whip" to break through Nike's Gem hardening trick; the Over Road's "windmill" to absorb Nike's aerial vibrations and transform them into heat energy; and the Smell Road's flame-amplifying abilities to strengthen his own flames enough to melt through Nike's armor. He later copies the Hurricane Road's wind barrier in order to protect himself from an explosive warhead.