|“||Please do not touch my friends. …If you do, I will become your enemy even if it means mutual destruction.||„|
|~ Kazakiri Hyouka|
Kazakiri Hyouka (風斬 氷華 Kazakiri Hyōka?) is Index's first "friend" in Academy City. Not much is known about her by normal people aside from the fact that she always had top marks at Kirigaoka Girls' Academy, despite never actually being seen by anybody, according to Himegami Aisa, and is referred to as the Key to the Imaginary Number District. During the attack of Sherry Cromwell, Index and Kamijou Touma discovered that Hyouka is the conscious form of the aggregation of the AIM Diffusion Fields of all espers in Academy City, the Imaginary Number District, who had gained sentience the moment Touma entered the city, as Imagine Breaker lead to her obtaining a fear of death. Hyouka normally resides in the Imaginary Number District, separated from humanity, though she can enter the physical world for short periods of time to visit her friends.
In the middle of Vento's invasion of Academy City it was revealed that Kazakiri was in fact an artificial angel, an angel created by science instead of religion. Through the use of the Misaka Network, Kazakiri was forcibly turned into Fuse Kazakiri, emitting such a high concentration of AIM that any magical power was weakened in her presence, with Vento suffering internal damage due to her continuing to use magic while under the field.
In the middle of World War III, when Fiamma of the Right summoned the Archangel Gabriel and things seemed most dire for the rest of the world, Kazakiri became Fuse Kazakiri once more, this time willingly and more powerful than ever. She flew from Academy City to Russia, where she and Accelerator engaged the Archangel in battle, before vanishing once more to the Imaginary Number District once the body of the Archangel was destroyed.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least 6-C
Name: Kazakiri Hyouka, FUZE=Kazakiri
Origin: To Aru Majutsu No Index
Classification: Aggregation of AIM fields, Artificial Angel
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Flight, Anti-Magic, Energy Fields, Her wings disintegrate matter on contact and shoot beams of energy, Energy sword creation, Immortality (Type 3), Regeneration (At least Mid, likely higher as an artificial angel), Forcefield Projection, Resistance to Mind Attacks and Soul Attacks
Lifting Strength: Class 100+
Striking Strength: Island Class
Durability: At least Island level (She tanked Gabriel's casual attacks)
Stamina: Very high (Regeneration makes her very hard to kill)
Range: Several kilometers
Standard Equipment: None notable
Intelligence: Likely high
Weaknesses: If her core is destroyed, she will truly die. She also requires the support of the Misaka Network to enter Fuse Kazakiri mode.
Fuse Kazakiri Mode: While normally only possessing regeneration and a small amount of super strength, Kazakiri can enter a special mode when combined with the Misaka Network, becoming the artificial angel known as Fuse Kazakiri. The first time she was forcibly turned into this form she gained a halo and several dozen wings 10 to a 100 meters long. The second time, which happened under more willing circumstances, had additional physical changes, and Kazakiri was even more powerful than before. While under this mode Kazakiri has shown the following abilities:
- Forcefield Projection: Kazakiri can cover her whole body and/or other people with an unknown forcefield, protecting herself and/or others from harm.
- Magic Cancellation and Negation: Because of the fact that Fuse Kazakiri is a mass of AIM, she automatically weakens any type of magical power in a large radius. Her magic negation powers are so strong, that if she is near any magician that is using magic, the mage near her will recieve considerable internal damage to the blood vessels and nerves.
- Lightning Wings: When in Fuse Kazakiri mode, Kazakiri gets several dozen wings from 10 to 100 meters long. The wings appear to be made of purple lightning and resemble an electrical discharge, though Misaka Mikoto, the most powerful Electromaster in Academy City, could immediately tell that they didn't use actual electricity upon witnessing their power. It was later confirmed by Kazakiri that the wings are made of congregated AIM diffusion fields. These wings disintegrate all matter that they come into contact with.
- Beam Attack: Lightning flashes between two of Kazakiri's wings like an strange electrical discharge, and then the energy is let loose as a grand flash of lightning that flies with the snake-like movements of a living creature for several kilometers, blowing up everything in its path.
- Energy Sword: Kazakiri can create a large energy sword that contains the same power as her wings.