|“||Stop talking. I'll win. That's... what heroes do.||„|
|~ Katsuki to Izuku|
Izuku's childhood friend and the one who gave him his nickname, Deku, Katsuki Bakugou is a member of Class 1-A and one of Izuku's main rivals. He is Izuku's complete foil, being stubborn, hot-headed, arrogant, and gifted. In spite of his poor decorum and snobbish attitude, he has very high standards for what a hero should be, looking up to All Might just as much as Izuku does.
Powers and Stats
Name: Katsuki Bakugou
Origin: My Hero Academia
Age: 14, 16 by Field Training Arc
Classification: Hero-in-Training, Student
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Skilled Hand-to-Hand Combatant, Can convert his sweat into a nitroglycerin-like liquid to generate powerful explosions, Able to blind opponents.
Attack Potency: City Block level (Stronger than this villain's alliance member. Completely vaporized multiple boulders during his fight with Ochaco Uraraka. Briefly held his own against a casual and restrained All Might [who should be comparable to a restrained Power Loader], knocked him out to the ground and even managed to make him flinch. Destroyed Todoroki's Ice Wall with his Howitzer Impact, though it wasn't as strong as the one used against Sero and it was likely weakened after Bakugou carved a path through it)
Speed: Athletic Human with Subsonic+ reactions and combat speed (Can kept up with Deku and Todoroki)
Durability: City Block level (Took a beating from a casual-restrained All Might, who was still more than capable of single-handily destroy Bakugou's Grenadier Bracers, which are made to withstood the power of his strongest explosions. Took multiples hits from Deku's One For All: Full Cowl at both 5 and 8%. Survived being on the epicenter of his Howitzer Impact)
Range: Human melee range normally, over a dozen meters with explosions
Standard Equipment: Grenadier Bracers, a pair of gauntlets that store Bakugou's sweat, allowing him to release even more powerful explosions by concentrating his power into a massive burst of flame and heat at his target upon pulling the pin.
Intelligence: Despite his cocky demeanor and hot-headed attitude, Bakugou's opinion of himself is not completely unwarranted. He is a straight-A student who is a genius in the use of his Quirk, being able to perform subtle lateral calculations and adjustments to propel himself at high speeds while maintaining maneuverability. In addition, he's trained himself to incorporate hand-to-hand combat into his Quirk's daily use, allowing him to quickly blast his way through most foes and completely overwhelming Izuku in their duel after he came with the intent to grievously harm. In addition, he is a perfectionist and a sore loser, constantly striving to improve himself through continuous study and training with his Quirk. However, his hot-headedness has proven to be a detriment on more than one occasion, causing him to forget his objective at hand in favor of blowing up whatever managed to agitate him.
Weaknesses: Bakugou has a short temper and is rather arrogant, causing him to forget the task at hand in favor of blowing up whatever agitated him. He is foul-mouthed and is terrible at teamwork, believing himself to be number one and looks down upon those he considers weak. He has to keep himself hydrated and warm since he needs to sweat in order to produce his explosions, rendering him virtually powerless in extremely cold and dry conditions.
- "Explosion": Bakugou is able to convert his sweat into nitroglycerin to create explosions. The more Katsuki sweats, the stronger his explosions become. So far, the signature use of his Quirk is through his hands; usually between punches or to shroud his fist with explosive energy. It is unknown if he can create explosions from any other part of his body. His most powerful Explosion so far (without the need of the Grenadier Bracers) was able to completely destroy Ochako's meteor rubble shower, knocking her down onto the ground at the same time and caused a shock wave that was felt throughout the stadium.
- Blast Rush Turbo: Bakugou throws his hands backwards and then causes an explosion in his palms, to propel himself.
- Stun Grenade: Katsuki creates a sphere of light with his hands to blind opponents.
- Howitzer Impact: Katsuki spins himself around in the air, building up momentum for his explosions before firing an flaming tornado at his opponent that implodes on contact, causing a massive explosion.
- AP Shot: Katsuki forms a circle on the palm of his outstretched hand and then fires an explosion through the circle, which creates a concentrated blast beam. By focusing his the path of his explosions into a single point instead of around his whole palm, Katsuki creates a concentrated blast with reduced area of impact, but with enough power to successfully pierce even solid concrete. He also has a rapid-fire version of this move, with decreased power in order to deal less severe damage to other humans.