|“||If you look upon the Void, you can't put it behind you. If you look upon Kassadin, he is probably already there.||„|
There is a place between dimensions and between worlds. To some it is known as the Outside, to others it is the Unknown. To most, however, it is called the Void. Despite its name, the Void is not an empty place, but rather the home of unspeakable things, horrors not meant for minds of men. Though such knowledge is lost in modern times, there are those who have unwittingly discovered what lies beyond, and they have been unable to turn away. Kassadin is such a creature. He was once a man forced to look upon the face of the Void and forever changed by what he saw. Once a seeker of forbidden knowledge, he discovered that what he sought was something else entirely. He is one of the few that has found his way to forgotten Icathia and lived to tell the tale, following the scant breadcrumbs hidden in ancient texts.
Within a decaying cyclopean city, Kassadin found secrets of the kind that he will never share - secrets that made him quake with fear at the visions of things to come that were thrust upon him. The power of the place threatened to consume him forever, but Kassadin took the only route available to him in order to survive - he let the Void inside him. Miraculously, he was able to overcome the alien urges that went with it, and he emerged as something more than human. Though a part of him died that day, he knows that he must protect Valoran from the things scratching at the door, waiting to get in and visit their torments upon the world. They are only one step away... something to which the appearance of the abomination known as Cho'Gath attests.
Powers and Stats
Tier: Likely Low 7-C | Low 7-C | Low 2-C
Name: Kassadin, The Void Walker
Origin: League of Legends
Age: Unknown (Likely in his 40s)
Classification: Void-altered human (Physically), Leader of the Preservers of Valoran
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Regeneration (Mid-low), Skilled swordsman, Magic, Teleportation, Dimension-hopping, Some resistance to mind-altering powers and magic-based attacks, Can nullify channeled attacks, Can create anti-magic barriers, Energy absorption and projection
Attack Potency: Likely Small Town level+ (Able to use the same abilities as his Post-Void Corruption form, but without the Void alterations) | Small Town level+ (Can fight on-par with Garen and similarly powerful champions) | Universe level+ (Should be able to harm characters at his level)
Speed: Hypersonic+ with Massively Hypersonic+ reactions and combat speed (Can keep up with champions like Kled and Garen as well as close range lightning/light-based attacks), Higher with Riftwalk (Can traverse large distances instantly through teleportation) | Hypersonic+ with Massively Hypersonic+ reactions and combat speed (Can keep up with champions like Kled and Garen as well as close range lightning/light-based attacks), Higher with Riftwalk (Can traverse large distances instantly through teleportation) | Massively FTL+ (Able to traverse galactic distances in short periods of time), Higher with Riftwalk
Striking Strength: Likely Small Town Class+ | Small Town Class+ | Universal+
Durability: Likely Small Town level+ | Small Town level+, Higher against magic-based attacks (Naturally takes reduced damage against magic attacks, Able to absorb attacks and use his own excess energy to create barriers that mitigate magical attacks) | Universe level+ (Able to withstand the collapse of an entire universal space-time continuum and the subsequent bounce), Higher against magic-based attacks (Naturally takes reduced damage against magic attacks, Able to absorb attacks and use his own excess energy to create barriers that mitigate magical attacks)
Range: Extended melee range with Nether Blade, Several meters with magic, Unknown with Riftwalk | Galactic, Unknown with Riftwalk
Standard Equipment: Void Stone, Nether Blade
Intelligence: Very High (Highly skilled in combat, Has gathered an extensive amount of forbidden knowledge over his lifetime, His metal fortitude was strong enough to resist the influence of the Void, while the only other human being--Malzahar--to survive being touched by the void was quickly brain-washed and turned into a servant of the void.)
Weaknesses: Has a limited supply of mana with which to cast spells, his spells have cooldown periods, during which time they cannot be cast (Both are highly exaggerated in-game for gameplay balance purposes; for instance, Ekko is shown to be able to use his ultimate ability in rapid succession in his cinematic)
- Basic Attack: Kassadin slashes his opponent with his Nether Blade.
- Void Stone: Kassadin perpetually ignores unit collision and takes 15% less magic damage.
- Null Sphere: Kassadin fires an orb of void energy at the target enemy, dealing magic damage and interrupting channeled abilities. The excess energy forms around Kassadin granting him a shield that absorbs incoming magic damage for 1.5 seconds.
- Nether Blade: Kassadin's next basic attack gains range, deals additional magic damage and restores a portion of his missing mana, quintupled against champions. Nether Blade resets Kassadin's autoattack timer and causes his basic attacks to deal bonus magic damage.
- Force Pulse: Kassadin draws energy from spells cast in his vicinity, gaining a charge whenever a nearby champion, including himself, uses an ability, capping at 6. Upon reaching 6 charges, Kassadin gains the ability to cast Force Pulse. Kassadin then emits a pulse of void energy, dealing magic damage to all enemies in a cone and slowing them for 1 second.
- Riftwalk: Kassadin blinks to the target location, dealing magic damage all to nearby enemies on arrival. The damage of each subsequent Riftwalk within 15 seconds is doubled, stacking up to 4 times.
Key: Pre-Void Corruption | Post-Void Corruption | Cosmic Reaver