|“||Death is not the end of the journey, it is just the beginning...||„|
|“||Come what ever may, I'll be the death of you.||„|
The harbinger of oblivion, Karthus is an undying spirit whose haunting songs are a prelude to the horror of his nightmarish appearance. The living fear the eternity of undeath, but Karthus sees only beauty and purity in its embrace, a perfect union of life and death. When Karthus emerges from the Shadow Isles, it is to bring the joy of death to mortals as an apostle of the unliving.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least Low 7-C, likely higher | High 6-A
Name: Karthus, the Deathsinger
Origin: League of Legends
Classification: Lich (Formerly Human), Death Worshiper, Death Preacher | Lead Singer for Pentakill
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Immortality (Types 1 and 7), Can manipulate, attack, remove, and absorb people's souls, Magic, Death Manipulation, Intangibility, Flight, Teleportation, Telekinesis | All previous powers plus Weather Manipulation, Summoning (Of his other band members) and Broadway Force
Attack Potency: At least Small Town level+ (Can fight on-par with Garen and similarly powerful champions), likely higher (His Requiem is stated to be able to kill every living thing on the planet if he wanted it to), can ignore conventional durability with soul stealing | Multi-Continent level (Comparable to Pentakill Sona)
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Striking Strength: Small Town Class+ | Multi-Continent Class
Durability: Small Town level+ | Multi-Continent level (Withstood Sona's sound waves at close range)
Stamina: Limitless (By virtue of being undead)
Range: Several meters with weaker spells, Planetary with Requiem (Targets all living things on the planet simultaneously)
Standard Equipment: Staff, Scythe, Necronomicon
Intelligence: Relatively high (Has extensive knowledge of he dark arts, through his work as a tally man he gained so much wisdom and experience from his work and the people he tended to that he was forced to travel to the Shadow Isles in order to learn more about the inner workings of death)
Weaknesses: Has a limited supply of mana with which to cast spells, his spells have cooldown periods, during which time they cannot be cast (Both are highly exaggerated in-game for gameplay balance purposes; for instance, Ekko is shown to be able to use his ultimate ability in rapid succession in his cinematic)
- Basic Attack: Karthus fires a blast of spirit energy at the opponent, dealing physical damage.
- Death Defied: Upon taking fatal damage, Karthus remains active for 7 more seconds, losing the ability to move and use basic attacks but becoming untargetable and invulnerable for the duration, as well as able to use abilities at no cost. If Defile has been learned, it remains toggled on during the entirety of Death Defied.
- Lay Waste: Karthus detonates the target area after a 0.5-second delay, dealing magic damage to all nearby enemies that is doubled if the detonation hits only a single target.
- Wall of Pain: Karthus creates a wall at the target location for 5 seconds. For the duration, the wall grants sight around it, and units who cross it are both slowed and lose 15% magic resistance for yet the same duration.
- Defile: Karthus deals magic damage to all nearby enemies each second. He also restores mana upon killing an enemy.
- Requiem: Karthus channels for 3 seconds and, upon completing the channel, deals magic damage to all enemy champions. He can't move or deactivate after activating "Requiem" until channel ends or being interrupted.
Key: Base | Pentakill Karthus