Karol Capel (カロル・カペル Karoru Kaperu) is one of the main protagonists in Tales of Vesperia. Initially found by Estelle and Yuri in the Quoi Woods, he claimed to be a member of the Hunting Blades and was currently on a mission to kill a certain type of monster, and nearly attacks the party out of confusion. Later, the party finds out the Karol had been kicked out of Hunting Blades some time ago due to his cowardice. Prior to being booted from the Hunting Blades, Karol had been kicked out of several other guilds for similar reasons, giving him a bad name.
He later decides to form his own guild, Brave Vesperia, with the purpose of doing good deeds alongside a few of the party members. Following the death of his hero, Don Whitehorse, he matures greatly and grows into the role of guild leader despite his age.
Powers and Stats
Name: Karol Capel, Captain Karol
Origin: Tales of Vesperia
Classification: Human, Guild Leader
Attack Potency: Unknown
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Striking Strength: Unknown
Stamina: High (Only passed out after fighting a boss solo for an extended period of time)
Range: Dozens of meters
Standard Equipment: Sword, Hammer, Bag (Which carries a guitar, hammer, giant lollipop, giant wrench, and all pieces that form a giant mech)
Intelligence: No evidence of proper schooling - time in guilds has given him information in several aspects of life, especially monster hunting.
Weaknesses: Cowardly, childish, somewhat naive
- Officially formed and leads the guild 'Brave Vesperia'
- Saved group from Baitojoh
- Dragon Upper: Karol swings upward with his weapon.
- Ultra Punishing Swing: Karol spins his weapon in succession before sweeping upward, launching the target.
- Overlimit: A state that prevents the user from being knocked down while allowing them to chain magic and artes together. Required to use Mystic Artes - including:
- Overlord Reign Impact: Karol reaches into his bag and throws out four large objects - a wrench, a hammer, a lollipop, and a guitar. He jumps into the air and throws them down at the target, causing them to explode. Finally, he throws the hammer, which breaks the ground and causes a shockwave that damages all enemies.
- Gousenbakusatsu Ultra X Bomber: Karol throws three parts out of his bag, which enlarge and connect to form a giant robot. Karol stands on its shoulder as the drill in it's head collects energy before firing one concentrated blast of energy at the target, which explodes.