Powers and Stats
Tier: At least 8-A
Origin: Mortal Kombat
Age: 35, in his late 50s or early 60s in MKX
Classification: Human Mercenary, Black Dragon leader, General
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Expert Martial Artist, Skilled in using his knives and throwing them, Can enhance his strength, Limited Energy Manipulation, Can fire lasers from his bionic eye
Lifting Strength: Class 5
Striking Strength: At least Multi-City Block Class
Range: Standard melee range. Tens of meters with projectiles.
Standard Equipment: Butterfly knives, cybernetic heart that gives him additional strength.
Intelligence: Genius; leader of an international crime cartal (Black Dragon); very cunning and resourceful; eventually became the general of Outworld's armies; skilled combatant.
Weaknesses: None notable
- Kanoball: Kano curls into a ball and flies at his opponent.
- Kano Ball: Kano spins in the air momentarily before launching at the opponent, hitting them several times. This can be charged.
- Down Ball: Kano performs a Ball from the air to the ground, hitting the opponent if in his way.
- Downward Ball: Allows Kano to do an anti air grab before the opponent hits the ground.
- Upwards Kanoball: Kano aims his Kanoball upwards to an aerial opponent.
- Uprise Ball: Kano does an animation like Up Ball except he rolls downwards after getting to a certain height.
- Psycho Kanoball: This version sees Kano flying all over the screen in random directions.
- Knife Throw: Kano throws a pair of knives at his opponent. In MK9, he only throws one knife.
- Knife Toss: Kano throws two knives.
- Blade Swipe: Kano slashes his opponents with his knife in an upward swing.
- Blade Spin: Kano spins both of his knives around his body, knocking the opponent up into the air if it connects.
- Air Throw: While in the air, Kano uses his legs to push the opponent to the ground.
- Chokehold: Kano grabs his opponent and lifts them in the air by the throat and proceed to stab them in the chest. In MK9, this move changes to a ground based choke.
- Kano Choke: Kano grounds the opponent and smashes their head on the ground and then rolls over them to the other side.
- Eye Laser: Kano shoots a laser from his eye at the opponent.
- Inner Rage: Kano concentrates for a short amount of time before covering his hands in red energy. Using this move increases the amount of damage dealt.
- Fist of Power: Kano rapidly lunges forward and strikes the opponent with an energy covered fist. (MK:A)
- Parry: Kano counters any physical attacks.
- Just the Tip: Kano plunges a knife into his opponent's right thigh, going through and snapping the femur. Before the opponent can react, Kano proceeds to stab them in the left thigh, resulting in another broken femur. Then he delivers a devastating kick to the front of the skull, causing heavy fracture damage.
- Lacerator: Kano slashes his opponent with an elbow spike, turning them around. After that he stabs his knife into the abdomen of his opponent and diagonally slices the opponent's ribcage in half, exposing the organs. He then grabs the opponent behind the neck and thrusts them upwards, breaking their spine.