Kalifa was first introduced as being Iceberg's attendant at Water 7, when in reality, for the 5 years she had been working with Iceberg, she was a spy working as a CP9 member that was tasked with finding the blueprints regarding Pluton.
She assisted in kidnapping Robin and Franky and returning them to Enies Lobby. Both would be turned over to the World Government and use them to read the Poneglyphs and to build Pluton. However Monkey D. Luffy and his crew showed up in front of the Tower of Justice, where Robin claimed her desire to live. After this, Robin was taken away while most of the members of CP9, including Kalifa, were tasked with protecting various keys (one being for Robin's cuffs) while also exposing of the Strawhats.
Taking advantage of Sanji's chivalry, Kalifa easily defeated him, but was later beaten by Nami.
She escaped Enies Lobby alongside the rest of CP9, but her current whereabouts are unknown.
Powers and Stats
Origin: One Piece
Age: 25 | 27 post time-skip
Classification: Paramecia Devil Fruit user, Assassin, Spy, Marine
Attack Potency: Multi-City Block level (Excluding Spandam, Kalifa is the weakest of CP9, but she is comparable to Blueno and was capable of hurting Sanji. Her Doriki ranking places her at over 600, which is considerably higher than "Superhuman".)
Lifting Strength: Unknown, at least Superhuman
Durability: Multi-City Block level via powerscaling
Stamina: Very High (trained assassin, and did not show the slightest level of fatigue from her fights against Sanji and Nami until after she was defeated)
Range: Normal human range with physical blows, up to several dozen meters with Rankyaku.
Standard Equipment: She carries a multi-sectioned notched whip as a weapon
Intelligence: Very High (She is a skilled spy, as she worked directly under Iceberg for 5 years without being discovered.)
Weaknesses: As a Devil Fruit user, Kalifa becomes weak when submerged waist-deep in water. She becomes incapacitated if almost completely submerged. Her ability is notably weak against water, as her soap bubbles get washed away.
Awa Awa no mi: Kalifa has the power to create bubbles, using them as a weapon and a shield against attacks. She can use bubbles that drain the strength of her opponents.
- Soap Armor: Kalifa condenses a large mass of bubbles into a soap bar that acts as a barrier. It blocked the force of a lightning bolt at close range.
- Golden Hour: Kalifa coats her opponent's body, rendering her opponent almost unable to walk around or even stand as they become too slippery.
- Bubble Tamer: Soap Sheep: Kalifa surrounds her body with bubbles, appearing as a sheep.
- Sheep Cloud Relax Bubble: After taking the form of a sheep, Kalifa sends the surrounding bubbles directly at her opponent. The bubbles then drain her opponent's strength.
- Sheep Cloud Giant Tidal Wave: Kalifa takes the form of a small tsunami and rushes at her opponent with a massive wave of soap bubbles.
Rokushiki: A special, superhuman martial arts style.
- Geppo (Moon Step): allows the users to actually jump off the air itself, allowing them to stay in the air for much longer than usual. CP9 members can use this technique to cross great distances without ever touching the ground, or set themselves up for swift, aerial attacks. (Lucci showed a variant of Geppo, where he combines it with Soru to create the three-dimensional movement Kamisori.
- Tekkai (Iron Mass): hardens the users' muscles to the level of iron, in order to nullify damage taken from attacks. However, it can be broken by strong enough forces.
- Shigan (Finger Gun): A close-quarter combat technique, in which the user pushes their finger into a certain target at a very high speed, leaving a wound similar to a bullet wound. He Shigan's shape is derived from the shape of the finger, hence the hit of Shigan will have more of an impact on Luffy's rubber body (which normally reflects bullets) if it is sharper than the round bullet and resembles more modern bullets.
- Rankyaku (Storm Leg): A powerful projectile technique, in which the users start by kicking at very high speeds and strength, sending out a sharp compressed air blade that can slice objects and greatly damage a human body. However, it has been shown that almost any length of appendage (such as a tail or neck) at high velocities are also capable of this move.
- Soru (Shave): allows the users to move at extremely high speeds in order to avoid attacks, as well as to attack at higher speeds and with greater power. It was revealed that the principle of this move was to kick off the ground at least ten times in the blink of an eye.
- Kami-e (Paper Drawing): makes the users' body go limp in order to avoid any attacks, and float like a piece of paper.