Kaku is the 2nd strongest member of CP9. He was first introduced at Water 7 posing as a shipwright working alongside Lucci and Kalifa under Iceberg. He assisted in kidnapping Robin and taking her to Enies Lobby, where he ate the Giraffe Zoan Devil Fruit and gained the ability to transform into one. He was defeated by Roronoa Zoro during the CP9 arc and has been revealed to be currently working in CP0 alongside Rob Lucci and Spandam.
Powers and Stats
Tier: Low 7-B | Likely 7-B | Unknown
Origin: One Piece
Age: 23, 25 post time-skip
Classification: Human, Zoan Devil Fruit User, Former CP9 Agent, CP0 Agent
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Excellent Swordsman, Transformation via Zoan Devil Fruit, Absolute mastery with Rokushiki, Pseudo-Flight (via Geppou), Limited Body Control (via Kami-e and Tekkai)
Attack Potency: Small City level+ via powerscaling (Has a scaling of 2200 Doriki as compared to Blueno's 820, making him more than twice as strong as him, and more than half as strong as Base Rob Lucci) | Likely City level (Stronger than in Base, and should be comparable to Base Rob Lucci. He also managed to overwhelm Zoro before he activated Asura) | Unknown
Lifting Strength: Class G+
Striking Strength: Small City Class+ | Likely City Class | Unknown
Durability: Small City level+, higher with Tekkai | Likely City level (Attacks from Enies Lobby Base Zoro could barely scratch him), higher with Tekkai | Unknown
Stamina: Very High (Has been specially trained to perform as an assassin, can jump from building to building from Water 7 to its coast without breaking a sweat, and survived a Buster Call after being defeated by Zoro)
Range: Extended human melee radius, several meters with swords and Giraffe neck, at least hundreds of meters with Rankyaku
Standard Equipment: He often wields two Shirasaya Katanas
Intelligence: Very high (Has deceived Iceberg when it comes to his identity for over 5 years, and became an exceptionally skilled shipwright in that time-frame. He is an accomplished assassin), though making fun of his appearance as a giraffe can cause him to lose his nerve
Weaknesses: As a Devil Fruit user, Kaku becomes fatigued if he is at least waist-deep in water – immobilized if submerged
Rokushiki: A special, superhuman martial arts style.
- Geppo (Moon Step): allows the users to actually jump off the air itself, allowing them to stay in the air for much longer than usual. CP9 members can use this technique to cross great distances without ever touching the ground, or set themselves up for swift, aerial attacks (Lucci showed a variant of Geppo, where he combines it with Soru to create the three-dimensional movement Kamisori).
- Tekkai (Iron Mass): hardens the users' muscles to the level of iron, in order to nullify damage taken from attacks. However, it can be broken by strong enough forces.
- Shigan (Finger Gun): A close-quarter combat technique, in which the user pushes their finger into a certain target at a very high speed, leaving a wound similar to a bullet wound. He Shigan's shape is derived from the shape of the finger, hence the hit of Shigan will have more of an impact on Luffy's rubber body (which normally reflects bullets) if it is sharper than the round bullet and resembles more modern bullets.
- Rankyaku (Storm Leg): A powerful projectile technique, in which the users start by kicking at very high speeds and strength, sending out a sharp compressed air blade that can slice objects and greatly damage a human body. However, it has been shown that almost any length of appendage (such as a tail or neck) at high velocities are also capable of this move.
- Rankyaku: Amane Dachi (Storm leg: Circumference sever): Kaku charges up a massive 360 degree rankyaku by spinning his body numerous times while on one hand, and then releasing a Rankyaku going at all directions. He used this ability to slice a large tower cleanly in two.
- Soru (Shave): allows the users to move at extremely high speeds in order to avoid attacks, as well as to attack at higher speeds and with greater power. It was revealed that the principle of this move was to kick off the ground at least ten times in the blink of an eye.
- Kami-e (Paper Drawing): makes the users' body go limp in order to avoid any attacks, and float like a piece of paper.
Key: Base | Zoan form | Post time-skip