Kabutops is a fossil Pokémon introduced in the Kanto region. Originally, it is acquired by beating the Super Nerd for his Dome Fossil (or Helix Fossil). It is then taken to the Cinnabar Research Lab and turned into a level 5 Kabuto. It evolves at level 40.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least 7-A
Gender: 87.5% of the time, the species is male. The rest, female.
Age: Varies. Existed 100 million years ago.
Classification: Fossil Pokémon, Shellfish Pokémon, Water/Rock Pokémon
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Absorption, Limited Reactive Evolution (Adapted to land to chase its prey that did the same), Darkness Manipulation, Earth Manipulation, Water Manipulation, Sound Manipulation, Statistics Amplification, and Plant Manipulation
Speed: Sub-Relativistic (Can catch or dodge thrown items, and Pokémon can throw at these speeds)
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Striking Strength: At least Mountain Class+
Durability: At least Mountain level+
Stamina: High. Rock types are naturally more durable, even for Pokémon standards
Range: Extended Melee Range with its sickle hands.
Standard Equipment: Bitter Berry
Intelligence: An expert hunter, and Pokémon are naturally exceptional battlers. Average to under average otherwise.
Weaknesses: Fighting, Ground, Grass, and Electric type moves
- Swift Swim: Kabutops becomes faster in the rain.
- Battle Armor: Kabutops is immune to critical hits.
- Weak Armor: Being hit with physical attacks lowers its defense, but raises its speed.
- Slash: Kabutops rakes the opponent with its sickle hands. It has a high critical hit ratio.
- Night Slash: Kabutops slashes with dark energy the moment the opportunity arises. It has a high critical hit ratio.
- Feint: Kabutops does an attack that can hit through shields and ignores precognition.
- Scratch: Kabutops scratches the opponent.
- Absorb: Kabutops absorbs the opponent's bodily fluids with plant energy. It gains 1/2 back of the damage given.
- Leer: Kabutops does an intimidating glare that lowers the defense of the opponent.
- Mud Shot: Kabutops shoots high velocity mud at the opponent to deal damage and lower speed.
- Sand Attack: Kabutops throws sand in the eyes of the opponent, lowering accuracy.
- Endure: Kabutops braces itself, allowing it to tank the next move regardless of what it is.
- Aqua Jet: Kabutops envelops itself in water and torpedoes into the opponent.
- Mega Drain: Kabutops uses an upgraded version of Absorb that does twice the damage.
- Metal Sound: Kabutops creates a terrible metallic sound that lowers the opponent's defense to special attacks.
- Ancient Power: Kabutops attacks with prehistoric special rocks. It has a chance of raising all of Kabutops' stats.
- Wring Out: Kabutops powerfully wrings the opponent. The higher HP the opponent has, the more damage this move will do.