Joseph Bertrand III was a citizen of New Marais and was the leader of the New Marais section of the First Sons before it disbanded. He is also the leader and creator of the Militia, Corrupted, and Vermark 88 (albeit indirectly). After the Empire Event New Marais was quarantined and he became the de facto leader of New Marais.
Powers and Stats
Tier: Low 6-B
Name: Joseph Bertrand (The Third), The Behemoth
Age: Appears to be in his 50's. Likely older.
Classification: Human, Conduit, Faction Leader
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Regeneration (Mid-Low), Accelerated Development (Conduits are naturally able to hone their abilities through training for short amounts of time), Limited Reactive Evolution (By stressing his body by using his powers in different ways, he can either gain new abilities or improve upon his current ones, there is also the possibility that his body will develop new powers to best aid the situation in moments of extreme duress), Transformation (Can transform into the Behemoth), Transmutation (Can mutate people into the Corrupted, presumably does this to the people he draws into his body with his tentacles as the Behemoth), As the Behemoth, his body is covered in an shell-like armor that can defelect energy attacks, Homing Attack (his acid missiles can hone in on targets), Skilled at taming monsters, Can summon monsters to fight by his side, Can release toxic gases and acidic liquids, Breath Attack (can release a roar that sends objects and people flying away), Large Size (Type 1), Resistance to Disease Manipulation/Biological Manipulation (all Conduits are immune to the Ray Field Plague, a highly deadly disease that the CDC was completely unable to deal with)
Speed: Superhuman (Via sheer virtue of size, could keep up with speeding trucks and helicopters) with Relativistic+ reactions and combat/attack speed (Could keep up with and tag Cole, Nix, and Kuo at the same time)
Lifting Strength: At least Class G (Via sheer size)
Striking Strength: Small Country Class
Durability: Small Country level (His armor was able to shrug off a lot of damage, including attacks from Cole MacGrath, Lucy Kuo, Nix, and several "Anti-Bertrand" missiles)
Stamina: Extremely High
Range: Hundred of meters to several kilometers with ranged attacks
Standard Equipment: None notable
Intelligence: Very intelligent in human form (Is a Faction Leader who controls and leads the Militia and managed to trick everyone into thinking he's benevolent). Low in transformed state (becomes a mindless berserker).
- Several pressure points that glow purple on his body whenever he wishes to attack, that when hit, would effectively weaken him.
- Like all Corrupted, due to his mutation, Bertrand is highly sensitive to UV-lights.
- Transforming also causes his mind to become berserk and out of control, thus, temporarily losing his considerable intelligence.
- Transformation: Bertrand mutates from his human from to his monstrous Behemoth form in a cloud of green gas
- Transmutation: Bertrand mutates a person into a Corrupted by hovering his hands around the person's head while their engulfed in a green energy. Bertrand also presumably does this to the people who are pulled into his body by his tentacles, and are later released as Corrupted
- Toxic Missiles: The Behemoth releases a salvo of acidic/toxic missiles that hone in on a target. Can also release these in a spread out fashion in which they appear more like globs than missiles
- Roar: The Behemoth release a monstrous roar that also releases some toxic gases, blowing away everything nearby
- Summon Tentacles: The Behemoth summons numerous tentacles from the ground that creates Corrupted monsters and Spikers to fight by his side