|“||There are times when a gentleman has to be courageous and fight, even when his opponent is bigger than he is and he knows he's going to lose!||„|
|~ Jonathan Joestar|
Jonathan Joestar, nicknamed JoJo, is the son of George Joestar I, the first "JoJo" in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, and the protagonist of Part I: Phantom Blood. When Dio Brando joins his family as his adoptive brother, a bizarre adventure awaits JoJo as he masters the martial art of the Ripple in a battle against Dio and his supernatural forces.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 8-C | High 8-C
Name: Jonathan Joestar/JoJo
Origin: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Part I: Phantom Blood)
Classification: Human, Gentleman, Hamon User
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Mastery of Hamon/Ripple (Empowers his body with solar energy and transfer it towards objects and people. This can be used to harm any undead opponent through physical contact with any living or non-living thing charged with Hamon), through the use of Hamon/Ripple energy Jonathan can: increase jumping height, stand on water, strengthen objects and increase their potency, heal wounds, revive plants, small scale Fire Manipulation, Regeneration (Low, can heal a broken neck), and became immune to poison via ejecting the substance out of his system, and can transfer his Hamon through objects to damage zombies/vampires behind walls or parts within the body via sendo overdrive, high combat intelligence, also has a Hermit Purple-like stand that also has clairvoyant/psychic powers (He never got the chance to use it though or obtain it himself as he was long dead after it emerged)
Attack Potency: Building level (Defeated Dio's fodder zombies and Bruford; crashed through a wall with Dio) | Large Building level (Comparable to Dio in their final fight and harmed Dio), can negate durability through the use of Hamon.
Speed: Supersonic (Straizo is capable of bullet-timing and Jonathan intercepted an attack from Dio; he states that him and Zeppeli are equal in speed) with Hypersonic reactions (Reacted to Dio's Space Stinger Rippy Eyes on two separate occasions, in which their liquid jet properties make them move at Mach 5 speeds at the very least)
Lifting Strength: At least Class 5
Striking Strength: Building Class | Large Building Class
Stamina: Very High (Can fight multiple zombies and vampires at once despite being injured)
Range: Several meters depending on what he channels the Hamon/Ripple through.
Standard Equipment: Luck & Pluck (His sword)
Intelligence: Master of the Ancient Martial Art of Hamon, his research was the key to unlocking the secret of the Stone Mask, he managed to see through Dio's plans when no one else could, effective combat strategist, surprisingly well at sleight of hand, as shown by his ability to obtain a handful of roses without anyone seeing.
Weaknesses: Outside of regular mortal weaknesses, he must maintain a proper breathing rhythm in order to use Hamon. His breathing can be interrupted by outside forces and stop the flow of Hamon.
- Hamon/Ripple/Sendo: Hamon/the Ripple/Sendo is a form of energy that relies on breathing techniques to replicate the power of the Sun. It can be used to enhance physical attributes, heal wounds, and acts as both an offensive and defensive tool. Due to it's solar connection, it has an advantage over creatures weak to sunlight.
- Zoom Punch: Jonathan stretches the joints in his arm via Hamon in order to launch them forward at opponents launches his fist forward and strike his opponent.
- Sendo Hamon Overdrive: Hamon releases from Jonathan's arm and into whatever he releases it into. It can be used as both a direct and indirect attack, as it has gone from simply transfering into another living being and traveling from walls and mountainsides to release from a specific point.
- Scarlet Overdrive: Jonathan creates a ripple of flame onto a select part of his body. It can transfer onto other objects, which can also catch on fire.
- Underwater Turquoise Blue Overdrive: Jonathan releases a tempest that propels enemies and water away from him. This technique was only used and is likely only to be used underwater.
- Overdrive Barrage: Numerous Overdrives are sent at once through consecutive attacks.
- Metal Silver Overdrive: Jonathan sends a Ripple that transfers through types of metal. This technique was used against Bruford with his sword.
- Life Magnetism Overdrive: Jonathan either draws life from or gives life to plants. It was used to both draw leaves together like a magnet into the shape of a hang glider (with the aid of Zeppeli) and to revive the wilting flowers of a dead tree.
- Sunlight Yellow Overdrive: JoJo's signature and most powerful attack. Jonathan unleashes a powerful flurry of Hamon-filled punches, attacking fast enough to create afterimages with his fists.
- Unnamed Precognitive Stand: DIO, after taking over Jonathan's body, awakened a Stand that was originally Jonathan's. It's completely identical to Joseph Joestar's Hermit Purple, which can produce psychic photography used to track the Joestars. It later vanished and was taken over by DIO's stand, The World.
Others: Not to be confused with Steel Ball Run's Johnny Joestar.
Key: Pre-Tarkus | Post-Tarkus