Jet Jaguar (ジェットジャガー Jettojagā?) is a heroic mecha created by Toho that first appeared in the 1973 Godzilla film, Godzilla vs. Megalon.
Jet Jaguar was a human-sized robot created by inventor Goro Ibuki for unknown reasons. Having been stolen by the underground nation of Seatopia, Jet Jaguar's mission was to guide Megalon to Tokyo so the insect kaiju could destroy it. Eventually, however, Goro regained control of Jet Jaguar and sent him to fetch Godzilla from Monster Island. As Godzilla made his way to Japan, Jet Jaguar flew back to the mainland and faced Megalon. Increasing his size to 50 meters, Jet Jaguar attacked Megalon and was winning the battle until the cyborg Gigan arrived to provide Megalon some back-up. The two evil beasts were too much for Jet Jaguar, who was beaten senseless until Godzilla arrived. After a long fight, Godzilla and Jet Jaguar were able to defeat their foes, sending Megalon back to Seatopia and Gigan back into outer space. After the fight, Jet Jaguar reverted to his normal size, and returned to his home with Goro.
Powers and Stats
Name: Jet Jaguar, Robot Man, Red Alone
Lifting Strength: Class M (Capable of flying while carrying Godzilla on his back)
Striking Strength: Town Class
Durability: Town level (Tanked Godzilla's Atomic Breath at point blank range, took hits from Gigan)
Stamina: Limitless due to being a robot
Standard Equipment: None notable
Intelligence: Above average (Able to control Kiryu like a human pilot, and is able to defend against attacks that would normally critically damage or destroy the other mechs)
- Size Alteration: Jet Jaguar can increase his size to reach Godzilla's. In the video games, he can dwarf other monsters in terms of size.
- Floodlights: Jet Jaguar can fire floodlights from his eyes to temporarily blind his opponent.
- Concentrated Beam: Jet Jaguar can fire a concentrated beam from his wrists.
- Reflect Shield: Jet Jaguar has a shield that is put up at all times. It is can it is immune to and can reflect all energy attacks.
- Tornado Spin: Jet Jaguar can create a tornado by spinning himself around at high speeds.