"Jessica Sorrow, the Unbeliever. She gave up her humanity to become what she is. She doesn't believe in anything. And because she doesn't believe with such utter certainty, all the world and everything in it are nothing to her. None of it can affect her in the least. She can go anywhere, and do anything, and she does. She can do terrible, distressing things, and she does, and nothing can touch her. She has no conscience and no morality. No pity and no restraint. The material world is like paper to her, and she rips it apart as she walks through it."
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least 8-C, likely higher
Name: Jessica Sorrow; The Unbeliever
Origin: Greenverse - Nightside
Classification: Former human; Major Player; Member of the Authorities
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Reality Warping, can erase people and objects from existence, Teleportation, Telepathy (John's thoughts were progressively unraveling by simply being in her presence)
Attack Potency: At least Building level, likely higher (Was erasing buildings left and right; and it would be considered to be a very bad thing for her to show up on Earth)
Speed: Normal Human
Lifting Strength: Superhuman
Striking Strength: Unknown
Durability: Unknown (Her very nature makes it difficult to kill her; the only reason she even continues to exist is through a constant appliance of sheer will)
Stamina: Tends to have periods of "rest" but superhuman otherwise
Range: At least a hundred meters
Standard Equipment: Her teddybear
Intelligence: Above average at least, but pretty much batshit insane
Weaknesses: Remember...batshit insane
- John explains how nothing in the modern world or the Nightside could effect her.
1) I don’t carry a gun, or any other kind of weapon. I’ve never felt the need. And weapons wouldn’t do any good against Jessica Sorrow anyway. And weapons wouldn’t do any good against Jessica Sorrow anyway. Nothing could touch her any more. Something happened to her, long ago, and she gave up her humanity to become the Unbeliever. Now she doesn’t believe in anything. And because she doesn’t believe with such utter certainty, all the world and everything in it are nothing to her. None of it can affect her in the least.
- Further explains her propensity for making people go poof.
2) But when she’s up and walking, everyone gets the hell out of her way. Because when she concentrates her unbelief on anything or anyone, they disappear. Gone forever...
3) But Jessica Sorrow would have none of them, and people and places vanished under her angry glare as she continued her rampage...
4) My job was to present it to her in exactly the right way, so that it would defuse her anger and send her back to wherever she went when she wasn’t scaring the crap out of the rest of us. Assuming, of course, that I had found the right thing. And that she didn’t just storm right in and unbelieve me out of existence...
5) It’s not easy having a conversation with someone you know thinks she’s only listening to voices in her head. And who can drop you out of existence on the merest whim.
- Easily tears through a wooden door like she's parting curtains.
6) The heavy oaken door was reinforced with heavy bands of black iron. It must have weighed five hundred pounds, easy. It didn’t even slow Jessica down. Her thunderous feet marched right up to the door, then her fingers plunged through the thick wood and tore it like cloth. The whole door came apart in her hands, and she walked through it like a hanging curtain
- Her...strange nature is further elaborated on.
7) “My past was so appalling, I had to make myself forget it, had to make it unreal, had to make it never have happened. But in doing that I lost my faith in reality, or it lost faith in me, and now I only exist through a constant effort of will. If I ever stop concentrating, I’ll be the one to disappear."