|“||If you haven't yet lost the ability to ask, you may not yet ask for relief.||„|
The earliest account of Swain's existence comes from a Noxian infirmary doctor's notes. According to them, Swain limped into the ward without cry or complaint; his right leg was snapped in half, with bone protruding from the skin. A small, scowling bird seemed affixed to his shoulder. The doctor gawked in horror as the young adolescent answered questions about his health and age with a calm, even stare. Even behind the echoing crack as the sand counterweights reset his tibia, Swain's measuring gaze never flickered, nor did his eyes twitch from the pop of his fibula. He refused the doctor's recommendation of magical treatment for the leg's inoperable damage, requesting only a spare crutch before shuffling away. He next surfaced in documents from the Noxian military, although it is evident that they are incomplete. Normally a crippled boy would be turned away in shame from Noxus' proud legion, but the records indicate his first designation was that of a ranking officer.
The men who've served under him (and survived) have remained in his charge with unshakable faith and loyalty. He leapt through the High Command's hierarchy, often ascending when superiors requested demotions to join his unit. A cunning strategist, Swain was decorated after every battle he fought, regularly hobbling in contemplation at the front of the assault. His rise to power seemed unceasing until he was suddenly removed from the order of battle prior to the Ionian Invasion - a bewildering decision which reeked of bureaucratic subversion. If Swain was upset by the events which unfolded, he never revealed it. His face was so implacable that it was popularly rumored to be a mask, disguising something utterly inhuman beneath. More controversy surrounded the bird that never left his shoulder, whose name he whispered only to it.
Powers and Stats
Name: Jericho Swain, The Master Tactician
Origin: League of Legends
Age: Unknown (Appears to be in his 50s)
Classification: Human, Grand General of Noxus, Demonic Raven/Human Hybrid (While using Ravenous Flock)
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Skilled in hand-to-hand combatant, Magic, Energy Projection, Zoolingualism, Teleportation, Can see through illusions (As demonstrated during his judgment; has honed this skill in his dealings with LeBlanc), Longevity, Regeneration (Low-Mid, healed over Jarvan IV's impalement relatively quickly), High pain tolerance, Flight (Raven form only), Raven Summoning, Fire Manipulation, Darkness Manipulation, Resistance to mind and soul-based attacks, Curse Manipulation, Portal Creation
Lifting Strength: At least Superhuman
Striking Strength: Town Class
Durability: Town level
Stamina: Superhuman (Shrugged off impalement and Lux's Final Spark in succession without slowing down, didn't even flinch when his gruesome wounds were being set as a child)
Range: Extended melee range with staff, at least hundreds of meters with spells, possibly up to several kilometers with teleportation
Standard Equipment: His cane, His raven Beatrice
Intelligence: Genius (Highly intelligent both in and out of combat, a master tactician and strategist, skilled diplomat, possesses vast military, academic, and miscellaneous knowledge, can remain "five steps ahead" of most opponents, considered among the smartest champions in the League)
Weaknesses: Somewhat overconfident and dismissive, has a limited supply of mana with which to cast spells, his spells have cooldown periods, during which time they cannot be cast (Both are highly exaggerated in-game for gameplay balance purposes; for instance, Ekko is shown to be able to use his ultimate ability in rapid succession in his cinematic)
- Basic Attack: Fires a bolt of concussive magical energy, inflicting physical damage.
- Carrion Renewal: Whenever Swain kills an enemy or structure, he restores mana. On enemy champion takedowns, he regains additional mana.
- Decrepify: Swain commands Beatrice to fly to the target location, where she remains for 4 seconds. Beatrice will attack enemies within the area, prioritizing the target of Torment, other champions in range and then any target in range. Beatrice's attacks deal magic damage and slows. Beatrice deals double damage against minions and executes them below 10 health.
- Nevermove: Swain marks the target area. After a short second delay, talons grab onto enemy units within, dealing magic damage and rooting them for a short duration.
- Torment: Swain afflicts the target enemy with a curse that deals magic damage to them over 4 seconds, amplifying Swain's damage against them by 20% for the duration.
- Ravenous Flock: Swain assumes the form of a demonic raven. During this time, lesser ravens strike out, one every 0.2 seconds at up to 5 nearby enemies and dealing magic damage to them, prioritizing champions. Each enemy can only be attacked by one raven at a time and only once per second. Swain heals himself for a small amount against minions and monsters, and for a larger amount against champions.
- Teleportation: As demonstrated in his duel against Kieram Darkwill, Swain can teleport short distances, vanishing into raven feathers in doing so. He can also teleport far greater distances via red glowing portals, though this seems to take a few seconds and likely isn't applicable in combat.
Key: Base | Full Power