|“||Who wants a piece of the champ?||„|
It is seldom the case where a champion is defined by his actions after joining the League of Legends rather than before. Such is the case with Jax, for whom the argument could be made that he is the most prolific tournament fighter currently at the Institute of War. Before joining the League, Jax was an unremarkable soldier-for-hire. For reasons known only to the former leader of the League, High Councilor Reginald Ashram, Jax was put on the top of the list of candidates to receive a League Judgment - the interview process that either accepts or rejects a prospective champion. His Judgment was the quickest in League history, where the Doors of Acceptance glowed and slowly swung open as soon as it began. Jax faced no recorded Observation or Reflection during his Judgment.
Jax proved himself to be an immediate terror in the Fields of Justice. The self-proclaimed Armsmaster of the League rattled off a streak of consecutive wins that to this day has not been matched. A number of summoners in the League grew concerned that the perceived objectivity of the League of Legends would be questioned by the presence of an unknown fighter who was unbeatable. For this reason, the new leader of the League (following Reginald Ashram's disappearance), High Councilor Heyward Relivash, created special restrictions for Jax to fight under. This was something the League had never done before, and something which has never been done since. The burly fighter responded by imposing his own special conditions; as a means of protest, he permitted himself to fight using only a brass lamppost. Neither the League's sanctions nor his own has affected his winning ways. The League has since rescinded its sanctions, but Jax has not; he fights and fights well with his trusty brass lamppost.
The self-styled Grandmaster at Arms known as Jax is a mysterious warrior and sometime mercenary renowned for his prowess in combat and biting sarcasm. While exceptionally skilled with virtually every conceivable weapon, he often chooses to fight with a mundane implement, such as a lamppost, in order to give his opponents a sporting chance.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least 6-B, likely higher | At least Low 7-C, likely 7-C
Name: Jax, Grandmaster at Arms
Origin: League of Legends
Age: Unknown (Likely over 1000, lived in Icathia before it was destroyed)
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Can use any weapon to maximum efficiency (Though he prefers ones that are similar to a polearm), Limited Fire Manipulation (Via Empower), Skilled in hand to hand combat, Can increase his offensive and defensive power (Via Counter Strike and Grandmaster's Might), Regeneration (Mid-Low)
Attack Potency: At least Country level (Was the only champion in the League so powerful that he had to be restricted by the High Councilor in order to make battles within the League of Legends fair, making him vastly stronger than Anivia, the most powerful champion up to that point), likely higher | At least Small Town level+, likely Town level (Comparable to Fiora)
Speed: At least Hypersonic+ with Massively Hypersonic+ reactions and combat speed (Should be superior to the likes of Garen and Veigar, considered above every other champion at the time, having been the only one that the League had to restrict the power of), likely higher | Hypersonic+ with Massively Hypersonic+ reactions and combat speed (Can keep up with Garen and Kled, as well as close-ranged lightning/light-based attacks)
Lifting Strength: Likely Class M+ (Due to being known as the strongest in the League, which should make him stronger than Malphite) | At least Class K (Should be superior to Poppy and comparable to Galio)
Striking Strength: At least Country Class, likely higher | At least Small Town Class+, likely Town Class
Durability: At least Country level, likely higher | At least Small Town level+, likely Town level
Range: Extended melee range with lamppost or similar weapon
Standard Equipment: Lamppost (He can also use a Hockey Stick, Wooden Plank, Fishing Pole, Cardboard Tube, Morningstar, Halberd, Mace, and Trophy, and likely any weapon in general to the same efficiency; these are just some objects he has been seen using), Starting/Essential Items (Crystalline Flask, Bloodrazor Stalker's Blade, Mercury's Treads, Hextech Gunblade, Trinity Force, Blade of the Ruined King, Warding Totem)
Intelligence: Very High (Considered one of the most if not the most skilled fighter in all of Valoran, He is a master wielder of every conceivable weapon)
Weaknesses: A bit overconfident, limiting himself by using a lamp as opposed to an actual weapon, holding back against most opponents, altering the way he holds his lamp to make it more difficult to wield, has a limited supply of mana with which to cast spells, his spells have cooldown periods, during which time they cannot be cast (Both are highly exaggerated in-game for gameplay balance purposes; for instance, Ekko is shown to be able to use his ultimate ability in rapid succession in his cinematic)
- Basic Attack: Jax beats the opponent with his lamppost. Augmented by Empower and Grandmaster's Might.
- Relentless Assault: Jax gains bonus attack speed for 2.5 seconds every time he lands a basic attack, stacking up to 6 times.
- Leap Strike: Jax dashes to the target unit or allied ward. If his target is an enemy, he deals them physical damage.
- Empower: Jax's next basic attack or Leap Strike within 10 seconds deals bonus magic damage. Empower resets Jax's autoattack timer.
- Counter Strike: Jax enters a defensive stance for up to 2 seconds, reducing physical damage from basic attacks by 100% and area of effect abilities by 25% for the duration. At the end of the duration or if Counter Strike is activated again, Jax stuns all nearby enemies for 1 second and deals them physical damage, increased by 20% for each attack dodged, up to a maximum 100% increase.
- Grandmaster's Might: Jax deals bonus magic damage on every third basic attack within 2.5 seconds. When activated, Jax gains bonus armor and magic resistance for 8 seconds.
- Corrupting Potion: For 12 seconds, regenerates health and mana as well as grants Touch of Corruption, which causes abilities and basic attacks apply a burn that damages enemy champions with bonus magic damage over 3 seconds. Bonus damage is halved for area of effect and damage over time effects.
- Bloodrazor Stalker's Blade: Grants attack speed, mana regeneration, and lifesteal against monsters. Basic attacks deal 4% of the target’s maximum health as bonus physical damage on-hit, capped at 75 damage against minions and monsters. Basic attacks versus monsters deal 20 bonus damage and damaging a monster through any means applies Health Drain, which deals 30 magic damage over 5 seconds while restoring as much as health.
- Chilling Smite: Upgrades Smite to Chilling Smite. Chilling Smite can be cast on enemy champions, dealing true damage and stealing 20% of their movement speed for 2 seconds.
- Mercury's Treads: Grants bonus movement speed and magic resistance, and reduces the duration of all crowd control effects by 30%, except for Suppression, Stasis and Airborne effects such as Knockbacks, Knockups and Pulls.
- Hextech Gunblade: Grants bonus attack damage and ability power, and heals for 15% of all damage dealt, including physical, magic, and true damage.
- Lightning Bolt: Instantly deals magic damage and slows the target champion's movement speed by 40% for 2 seconds.
- Trinity Force: Grants bonus health, attack speed, attack damage, movement speed, mana, and cooldown reduction. After using an ability, the next basic attack deals bonus physical damage. Basic attacks grant bonus movement speed for 2 seconds. Killing a Unit grants +60 flat movement speed instead.
- Blade of the Ruined King: Grants bonus attack speed, attack damage, and life steal. Basic attacks deal 6% of the target's current health in bonus on-hit physical damage.
- Unique: Deals 10% of target champion's maximum Health as physical damage, heals for the same amount and steals 25% of the target's Movement Speed for 3 seconds.
- Warding Totem: Consume a charge to place an invisible Stealth Ward which reveals the surrounding area for 120 seconds. Stores one charge every 90 seconds, up to 2 maximum charges. Limited to 3 Stealth Wards active at a time.
Note: Jax’s status as the most powerful Champion only applies to the Champions released at the same time as him, not the ones after, such as Aurelion Sol and Dark Star Thresh. As such, scaling Jax to them is not possible.
Key: Pre-Retcon | Post-Retcon