|“||Fighting is my life! It's what I was made for.||„|
Jasper is a Homeworld Gem and recurring antagonist who was originally created on Earth's Beta Kindergarten as a soldier of Pink Diamond alongside Rose Quartz. But when Rose shattered Pink Diamond, Jasper vowed revenge and since became a nemesis to Rose. Jasper made her debut in the episodes "The Return" and "Jail Break", escorting Peridot to Earth upon learning of the surviving Crystal Gem members and mistaking Steven for Rose in disguise. Though Lapis Lazuli tricked Jasper into fusing into Malachite, in an attempt to trap them before their fusion was eventually canceled, the ordeal warped Jasper with a desire for the power rush that mixed-Gem fusion provided. After Lapis refused to fuse with her again, Jasper began hunting for Corrupted Gems to create her personal army. But Jasper ends up being bubbled after her desperate attempt to beat Smoky Quartz by fusing with a corrupted gem resulted in her own corruption.
Powers and Stats
Origin: Steven Universe
Gender: Genderless (Though appears as and commonly referred to as female)
Age: Over 5300 years old
Classification: Homeworld Gem
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Regeneration (Low-High), Immortality (Types 1 and 3), Shapeshifting], Spin Dash, Size Manipulation, Body Control, Biological Manipulation, Can fuse with other gems to become more powerful, Can contain gems in bubbles of energy, Automatic-adjustment to different strengths of gravity, Pocket Reality Manipulation (All Gems have a pocket dimension of infinite size contained within their gemstone), Does not need oxygen to survive, Skilled in hand-to-hand combat, Limited Fire Manipulation
Attack Potency: Country level+ (Fought on par with Garnet, Easily tackled ore through parts of the Gem Warship, Even among other Quartz soldiers she is considered extremely strong, Peridot going so far as to describe her as "the Ultimate Quartz", Capable of subduing both Pearl and Amethyst simultaneously, Casually stomped Amethyst in one on one combat)
Speed: Relativistic+ in Combat Speed and Reactions (Kept up with Garnet)
Lifting Strength: At least Class M (Comparable to Garnet, Casually lifted and tossed aside a Gem Injector with one hand)
Striking Strength: Country Class+ (Traded blows with Garnet)
Durability: Country level+ (Tanked an explosion strong enough to blow a hole in the Gem Warship, which is this durable, Survived falling into the Earth's crust during the destruction of Mask Island, shrugged off multiple hits from a determined Amethyst with no injury whatsoever)
Stamina: Limitless so long as her gem isn't damaged or destroyed
Range: Standard melee range
Standard Equipment: Crash helmet, Gem Destabilizer
Intelligence: Presumably High (Being a Quartz Gem, Jasper was naturally created for combat. According to Peridot, a certified Kindergartener skilled enough to identify the type of Gem that emerged from a particular exit hole with a glance, Jasper is a superior specimen even among her own kind and is considered the greatest Quartz produced on Earth. She is also strong of will, able to mentally overwhelm Lapis if she had stopped using all of her concentration to subdue her even for a second) Low when corrupted (Due to her mind being torn, Jasper's intelligence is now that of a mindless animal)
Weaknesses: Sufficient damage to her physical form can revert her back to her vulnerable gem form which can be broken and destroyed. Very reckless and self-loathing due to her origins. Jasper is willing to abandon her morals for the sake of winning at any cost. Her corruption leads her to lose all hopes of intelligence.
- Crash Helmet Proficiency: By gathering her resolve and thirst for battle, Jasper can summon her weapon; a tangerine, crystalline helmet. The helmet acts both as a weapon and armor; a hammer-like protrusion in the front of the helmet allows her to use it to charge, slam, and headbutt her opponent, while a clear orange-tinted visor extends down, covering the upper part of her face. The sturdiness of the helmet rivals that of Garnet's gauntlets, as Jasper was shown continuously countering her attacks.
- Martial Arts: Further reflecting the similarities between herself and Amethyst, Jasper is likewise prone to mixing up her weapon-based attacks with martial arts moves, such as grappling, throwing, or simply punching her opponent. Due to the nature of her weapon, the two styles mix seamlessly and combine into a powerful, but ultimately reckless fighting style with immense collateral damage.
- Headbutting: As the name implies, Jasper shows she can headbutt without her weapon. This version, although weaker without her helmet, still has the potential to knock out a human being, as seen with Steven in "The Return".
- Comet Charge: Jasper can lunge at her foes with alarming speed and power. Evidence shows as the attack breaks through layers of a hard gemstone. While she performs this attack, a fiery aura forms around her.
- Spin Dash: Jasper can rapidly roll in a ball-like shape to attack enemies. While Amethyst was shown to have this ability as well, it seems that Jasper's version is more powerful, and is more of a threat than Amethyst's. Jasper can also use the technique to dash across a spacious room and plunge into the air.
- Gem Destabilizer: Homeworld Gems, in addition to their summonable weapon, seem to carry a personal defense weapon known as Gem Destabilizers — extremely potent, non-lethal tools used to subdue enemy Gems. Jasper is seen using this weapon on Garnet in "The Return". She attempts to use it again in "Jail Break", but Garnet pried it from her hand and broke it immediately afterward.
- Corruption: As of "Earthlings Part 2" Jasper has become corrupted after fusing with another corrupted quartz in order to remain her dignity. This form of Jasper makes her a lot bigger and more monstrous, as well as make Jasper completely lose control of herself. Corruption also seems to strip gems of some of their basic powers. They are unable to summon their weapons or use warp pads and other Gem structures, such as a door to a spaceship.