|“||Battle is not a stage for empty heroics and nor is it something to take pleasure in. Battle is filled with despair. Dark, terrifying. That is the way that it should be. That way, people learn to fear battle and to choose the path of non-violence where possible.||„|
|~ Kira to Abirama Redder|
Powers and Stats
Name: Izuru Kira
Classification: Shinigami, Lieutenant of the 3rd Division
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Flight, Kidō Expert, Weight Manipulation, Healing, Expert Swordsmanship, Spiritual Awareness, Can sense beings with reiatsu, Energy Manipulation
Speed: Hypersonic via power-scaling
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Striking Strength: City Block Class
Range: Extended melee range with his Zanpakutō, dozens of meters to several hundreds of meters with Kidō
Standard Equipment: His Zanpakutō, Wabisuke
Intelligence: Kira is highly conscious of his weaknesses and strengths, commonly devising methods which take advantage of his Zanpakutō's special ability, even in situations when the odds are against him.
Weaknesses: None notable
Expert Swordsman: Izuru is shown to be highly proficient in the wielding of his Zanpakutō. Mixing his mastery of his sword's unique shape with the special ability it has, he is coldly proficient during its use and application.
Shunpo Practitioner: Izuru is proficient in the use of Shunpo, allowing him to keep up with at least other lieutenant-level Shinigami. His skill in Shunpo was shown great enough to appear behind Abirama, surprising the Arrancar.
Healer: It was noted by Hisagi that Izuru was once part of the 4th Division, and therefore, knows healing-type Kidō and technique. Though he is considerably out of practice, he is still shown able to quickly determine a person's ailments from a single glance, as shown from his quick analysis of Rangiku's and Momo's condition after they fell against Ayon and heal the otherwise fatal injuries. He has a number of medical supplies that he carries with him, supposedly from his time in the 4th.
High Spiritual Power: Being a lieutenant of the Gotei 13, Izuru boasts a high amount of spiritual energy.
Wabisuke (侘助, The Wretched One; Viz "The Penitent One"): Wabisuke is very simple and plain in design. Its normal form is indistinguishable from a plain katana. The cross guard is a normal rectangular one, with only an omega design on the top and bottom half.
- Shikai: Its Shikai command is "Raise Your Head" (面を上げろ, omote o agero). When activated, the blade loses its curve and straightens, and where a normal katana would end, Wabisuke's blade makes two 90 degree angles, forming three sides of a square, reminiscent of a hook and has its cutting edge on the inside of the angles.
Shikai Special Ability: In this form, Wabisuke doubles the weight of any object it strikes. The ability can affect both inanimate objects and living beings, and is cumulative. For example, the first strike on an opponent wielding a 10 lb sword doubles the opposing sword's weight to 20 lbs. If Izuru strikes the sword a second time, the weight of the sword doubles to 40 lbs. Izuru can continue doubling the weight of his opponent's sword indefinitely. After about eight or nine strikes, most opponents would be unable to lift their swords and are brought down to their knees by the weight of their own weapon. Though the potential of this ability is limitless; a small number of strikes to an opponent's blade is usually all that is needed to render them immobile. Its ability makes it look like he is forcing his opponents to bow their heads in apology for a past decision since it brings his opponents to their knees before him.
Bankai: Not yet achieved.
Kidō Expert: He has great talent for Kidō, even back at the Shinigami Academy, and he is often seen applying Kidō spells during fights. He is skilled enough to use Hadō #58. Tenran, and Bakudō #73. Tozanshō without the incantation and with relative ease.
- Kaidō (回道, Turn Way): Izuru has shown to be proficient in healing Kidō due to his time spent as a member of the 4th Division.
- Hadō #31: Shakkahō (赤火砲, Red Fire Cannon): Generating high-temperature flames, the practitioner discharges it from one or both hands. The practitioner generates and fires an orb of crimson red energy on his/her palm or finger. The orb can be small, medium, or large, depending on the level of power being used. The destructive power released by the blast can vary between a simple explosion to a pillar of energy, and in both instances, the spell causes concussive as well as burn damage. The spell does not necessarily have to be used for offensive purposes, and can be used as a source of light in dark places.
- Bakudō #37: Tsuriboshi (吊星, Suspending Star): Creates a ball of blue energy which fires out six ropes from its center. As the ropes attach themselves to nearby sturdy objects, the energy in the center solidifies into a flat elastic-like cushion, which catches falling objects.
- Bakudō #39: Enkōsen (円閘扇, Round Lock Fan): Using either both hands or his/her Zanpakutō in a blocking motion, the practitioner generates a dull yellow energy, which takes the form of a large spinning disk of condensed Reiatsu, in front of themselves, blocking an opponent's attack.
- Hadō #58: Tenran (闐嵐, Orchid Sky): Levitating their sheathed Zanpakutō in front of them, the practitioner lightly hits one of its ends, causing it to spin like a fan. Stopping it, the practitioner creates a widening tornado-like blast, which is fired toward the target.
- Bakudō #73: Tozanshō (倒山晶, Inverse Mountain Crystal): As the spell ignites at a single point, blue energy extends upward to four points and forms an inverted pyramid, which solidifies into a barrier around the caster. The spell is usable around other already active spells.