Itsuki "Ikki" Minami is the main protagonist of the manga and anime Air Gear. Prior to the beginning of the series, he was established as the leader of his school's gang, the East Side Gunz. There, he earned the nickname Eastside's Greatest Babyface, which has followed him into the AT world, as his teammates occasionally refer to him as "Our Babyface". Ikki has shown an extreme amount of talent with the Air Treck, to the point of being a genius at it. It has been established that he, from a young age, always wanted to "fly" this fact being most notable when he climbed on his town's tallest monuments in a childish attempt to see everything. As said by Noyamano Rika, people believe that Ikki is "loved by the wind." Before he founded Kogarasumaru, the team that would become a leading icon in the AT world, he was riding with the emblem of Sleeping Forest. Eventually, he gave the emblem back to Ringo and went on to create Kogarasumaru. He is the leader of Kogarasumaru, originally composed ofKazu, Onigiri, Buccha and Agito/Akito/Lind and himself. He has been characterized as a crow, due to the baby crow that makes a nest of his hair, as a storm, as armored multi-winged beast (this is noted to be his shadow when was the Wind King), and as a massive knight in black armor riding an equally gargantuan, armored multi-winged beast (which is his current shadow), as the Storm King. Later, he is the current Sky King after defeating Sora Takeuchi.
Power and Stats
Tier: Low 7-C | 6-C
Name: Itsuki Minami
Origin: Air Gear
Classifications: Human and Sky King
Attack Potency: Small Town level via power-scaling (Stronger then Kazu) | Island level (His Null Wind utilizes the "ultimate wave" principle, involving conditions similar to a hurricane, a calm center surrounded by destruction and Astral Magus which recreates the effect of "space" as well as the calm center of a storm)
Lifting Strength: Peak Human
Striking Strength: Small Town Class
Durability: Island level
Range: Dozens of kilometers with Tricks.
Standard Equipment: A.T(Air Trecks) and Storm Regalia
Intelligence: Ikki is very calculating and is characterized by his ability to analyze his opponents' habits and generate countermeasures for them. According to Sora, Ikki had already calculated how to dodge his and Rikia's super move (e.g. God Crusher Gungnir) and would have done so had Ringo not got in the way and gotten hit. And after saving Ringo together they quickly countered a larger and more powerful God Crusher Gungnir even though their bodies were freezing due to the extremely cold atmosphere.
Weaknesses: The Hurricane Road's Wing Road nullification effects are nearly indiscriminate, making it difficult to fight alongside allies whose abilities rely on the Wing Road.
Tricks: The terminology for special movements involving Air Trecks. Ikki has a vast arsenal of these techniques at his disposal, which he uses for both combat and racing.
- God of the Wind: AT Typhoon: Ikki spins around rapidly and adds centrifugal force to his punch, this makes the force and strength of his punch many time greater than Bando's Crushing Hammer.
- Wing Road - Ikki is able to ride on the surface of the wind, known as the Wing Road, giving an appearance of the user having wings sprouting out from their feet, and an ability to fly. This ability was first accidentally used during the battle with the Rez Boa Dogs, and Ikki was able to use it at will upon his battle with Ringo. When coupled with the Wind Regalia, Bagram, Ikki was able to utilize the full extent of this trick, being able to ride on surfaces normally impossible with normal ATs.
- Wheel Spin Drop: Ikki accelerates his AT while standing in a stationary position and uses the rip start as momentum to attack his opponent with a high speed dropkick to the face.
- Ikki 1800 Wall Ride: This technique is basically Ikki's version of Buccha's Overbank 1800. Ikki puts his own style to the move by alternating skating backwards while traveling up the wall at a wider arc.
- Upper Soul 23 Roll: A move combining the momentum from a wall jump and executing a "Soul Grind" on any vertical rail surface nearby, Ikki uses so much forward momentum that he literally corkscrews up the entire rail. He uses this move on the school flagpole during the challenge against Buccha. Considered a S class move by Spitfire.
- Method Air to Spin That Grab "Moonride": A move in which the rider jumps at full strength and applies power to his rotational axis, shifting his center of gravity back allowing the rider to jump farther than normal. A side effect of this trick is that it rapidly increases the surrounding air pressure, causing wind to kick up around the area used. Ikki used this move in the battle with Sable Tiger leader Natsumi Iriya. He used this trick again as he raced down the tower.
- Twin-Cam: A double team move used by Ikki and Agito. Ikki executes a 360 degree spin while holding Agito and then Agito executes a flying hook kick using the force from the spin. It was used in the fight against Udou Akira of the Behemoth.
- Air Line: A grind along a power line that creates an electric discharge that reveals Rising Road's illusions. First used against Nue's team Black Crow.
- Pile Tornado:- Ikki gathers the wind in his hands and then turns them in a circular motion making something that looks like a small tornado, he then kicks the air with his A-Ts sending a powerful, horizontal tornado. He used this move in his fight against Kazu. This is one of Ikki's Infinity Atmosphere tricks.
- Limited Express: Ikki uses Pile Tornado and then jumps into the tornado after he has created it. After this he rides the inner walls of the tornado giving him an extreme burst of speed. This move was used against Kazu and is one of his Infinity Atmosphere tricks.
- Wind Barrier: Ikki creates an extremely dense wall of air in front of him. The wall is extremely powerful and durable. He used first used this move during the battle with Inorganic Net.
- Moonstruck Numberless Grappler: The Infinity Atmosphere of the Wind Regalia, Bagram. Ikki was only able to use this trick twice before the Wind Regalia broke and was subsequently stolen from him. It creates an accelerating wall of debris that flies alongside the rider and is capable of penetrating sheet metal due to its speed. By the end of the story he regains the ability to use this Trick despite lacking the Wind Regalia.
- Null Wind: Ikki's first Hurricane Road technique. It utilizes the "ultimate wave" principle, involving conditions similar to a hurricane (a calm center surrounded by destruction). By using the reverberations caused by Kazu and Agito'sGrand Fang Firebird striking Buccha's reflective wall, Ikki expands the "ultimate wave" to create a massive circular storm, the center of which has no wind blowing within it. This attack was created to counter Sora Takeuchi's Wing Road. This is technique is somewhat of a double-edged sword as people who follow the Wing Road as well as the Hurricane Road, won't be able to use their Infinity Atmosphere Tricks (i.e. Pile Tornado). This trick is a combination of the Wind and Rumble Roads.
- Kuu Missile: Ikki shoots Kuu out of his head like a cannon
- Moon Drop Missile: Ikki uses the final principle of the Wing Road to interface with the air and molds the wind into the desired shape. Ikki's version is similar to Sora's; he creates a dense sphere of air and hammers the opponent with it. It is powerful enough to create a single, large crater on concrete floor and incapacitate human enemies caught in the radius. First seen in Trick 224.
- Impact Wind: Ikki unleashes a short-range burst of wind around his body. This technique enables him to free himself from entrapping Tricks used by other riders, like Nue and his wires
- Super Extra Velocity: Due to his control over wind, Ikki is able to gather and compress wind before firing it off to fly at extremely high speeds. Ikki can fly at such high speeds that it is stated that even a jet fighter would be unable to keep up with him.
- Wind Blast: Ikki is able to compress the wind around his arms before firing it as a powerful beam, presumably comprised of plasma.
- Vaccum Ball: Using the effects of the Over Regalia Ram Jet, Ikki can create a Vaccum Ball of Air to attack. This attack is a similar to the Sleipnir's Wind King Thor's, however Ikki's use of this trick is on much higher scale and in different ways than Thor with far more skill overall. Against Sora Ikki created multiple Vaccum balls that were larger than the standard vaccum ball. He used the balls to interrupt the wind that is made when he moves by being enclosed in the vacuum, that way no one can tell where he is as well as drastically increasing his speed. The trick itself however is a double edged sword as it destroys the users body while being used. move.
- Astral Magus: The Infinity Atmosphere of the Storm Regalia, its only effects as shown so far is that it, in a way, recreates the effect of "space" as well as the calm center of a storm - it is noted to be very similar to Null Wind, even referred to be the trick itself. Whether it (the Infinity Atmosphere) is a completely different trick,the perfection of Null Wind, or even the evolution of it (Null Wind) is still not completely known.
Key: Start of Story | End of Story