Irina is the childhood friend of Issei and a devout Christian.
Despite knowing of God's death, she still follows His teachings, later being reincarnated as an Angel by Michael through the Brave Saint system, being Michael's "Ace". Irina is shown to be cheerful, carefree, upbeat as well as enthusiastic, though she is sensitive and gets annoyed by Xenovia's name calling. She has also shown to be cooperative and open-minded. However, she was reasonably harsh on people who she perceived as an opposition to her religion. Her family is related to the church, implied as the Protestant church and left Japan with her family at a young age. They moved to England, where Irina was trained to become an exorcist.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least 9-B, higher against devils | At least 7-B, likely higher, higher against devils
Name: Irina Shidou, Angel-chan, Self-Proclaiming Angel, Self-Proclaiming Childhood Friend, Self-Proclaiming Childhood Friend Angel, Self-Proclaimed Raised in Japan
Origin: High School DXD
Classification: Reincarnated Angel, Former Human Exorcist, Member of DxD
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Master Swordswoman, Shapeshifting (Applies to her sword only), Resistance to Time Stop (Forbidden Balor View was ineffective on her because of Excalibur Mimic) | All previous abilities except Shapeshifting, Longevity, Light Manipulation, Holy Manipulation, Flight, Fire Manipulation, Ice Manipulation, Lightning Manipulation, and Purification
Speed: Supersonic+ (Superior to Issei) | Massively Hypersonic (Kept up with Xenovia)
Lifting Strength: Superhuman
Striking Strength: At least Wall Class (Superior to Volume 1 Issei) | At least City Class, likely higher (Traded hits with Xenovia)
Durability: At least Wall level | At least City level, likely higher (Fought Xenovia to a stalemate)
- Excalibur Mimic (擬態の聖剣エクスカリバー・ミミック, Eskukaribā Mimikku): Irina's initial weapon (through artificial means). A Holy Sword that has the ability to transform itself into any shape as its wielder's desires.
- Holy Demonic Sword (聖魔剣, Seimaken): A prototype Irina received from Heaven, based on Yuuto's Holy Demonic Sword. She later gained the ability to use different elemental attributes on it, ranging from fire, ice, and lightning.
- Hauteclere: A Holy sword given to Irina by her father, stating to be most qualified for to wield it. The sword has the ability to purify even those that are cut by it.
Intelligence: Above average
Weaknesses: None notable
- Master Swordswoman: Like Xenovia, Irina is well versed in swordsmanship.
- Light Weapons: Being an Angel, Irina can create light-based weapons such as a light sword, spear, or bow.
- Flight: Being an Angel, Irina can fly using her wings
Key: Volume 3 | Post Volume 19