|“||The sword flourishes, as though painting with blood.||„|
The Ionians have developed some of the most breathtaking and deadly martial arts on all of Runeterra – just one manifestation of their pursuit of enlightenment. The most remarkable blade style to emerge, however, was the unusual byproduct of foreign intervention. Master Lito was a swordsman whose teachings were sought by ruling classes from nearly every city-state. His art was a highly guarded secret, but it was said that swords would breathe in his grasp. He withered unexpectedly from a mysterious disease which baffled the brightest of Runeterran physicians. When he died, he left behind Zelos and Irelia, his son and daughter, and a truly unique weapon. Zelos became a Sergeant in the Ionian military and left to seek assistance from Demacia immediately prior to Noxus' invasion of Ionia. Irelia, charged with the protection of their home until Zelos returned, was alone when Noxian forces struck.
The Ionians fought admirably, but soon Ionian blood stained the land beneath the prints of foreign boots. At the Great Stand of the Placidium, Ionians prepared for surrender, but were inspired to maintain their resistance when the young Irelia hoisted her father’s enormous blade and pledged to hold until her brother returned. In the chaos of the ensuing fight, Irelia was cursed with dark Noxian necromancy. As her life ebbed, Soraka, the Starchild, made a final attempt to anchor her fading soul. Unwilling to relinquish her home, Irelia rose at the brink of death, and her father's weapon lifted into the air alongside her. Irelia rushed back to the fore, unfazed by the blade's sudden animation. The weapon danced around her effortlessly, cutting down Noxians as they gaped in horror. The decimated invaders were forced to retreat from the Placidium, and Irelia was appointed Ionia's Captain of the Guard for her brave defense of her homeland.
Powers and Stats
Tier: Low 7-C
Name: Irelia, the Will of the Blades
Origin: League of Legends
Age: Unknown (Likely in her 20s)
Classification: Human, Captain of the Ionian Guard
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Enhanced Senses (Via Hiten Blades), Regeneration (Mid-low), Telekinesis, Master of the Hiten Style, Master of the Hiten and Spirit Blades, Self-Healing, Flight (Via the Hiten Blades)
Attack Potency: Small Town level+ (Was able to kill a large portion of a Noxian army, enough that they were forced to retreat, Can fight on-par with Garen and similarly powerful champions), Hiten Style ignores conventional durability
Lifting Strength: At least Peak human
Striking Strength: Small Town Class+
Durability: Small Town level+
Range: Extended melee to several meters with Hiten Blades, Several meters with Transcendent Blades
Standard Equipment: Hiten Blades, Spirit Blades, Mantle of Decorum
Intelligence: Relatively high
Weaknesses: If her blade is destroyed she will die, Has a limited supply of mana with which to cast spells, her spells have cooldown periods, during which time they cannot be cast (Both are highly exaggerated in-game for gameplay balance purposes; for instance, Ekko is shown to be able to use his ultimate ability in rapid succession in his cinematic)
- Basic Attack: Irelia slashes the opponent with her Hiten Blades. Augmented by Hiten Style.
- Ionian Fervor: Irelia reduces the duration of crowd control against her based on if she is outnumbered or not.
- Bladesurge: Irelia dashes to the target enemy, dealing physical damage and applying on-hit effects. If Bladesurge kills its target, it refunds 35 mana and resets its cooldown.
- Hiten Style: Irelia's basic attacks heal her. When activated, Irelia's basic attacks deal bonus true damage and double Hiten Style's self-healing for 6 seconds.
- Equilibrium Strike: Irelia pierces the target enemy, dealing them magic damage and slowing them for a short duration. If she is as wounded as her target or more, she stuns them instead.
- Transcendent Blades: Irelia summons 4 spirit blades and fires one in a line towards the cursor, dealing physical damage to all enemies it passes through. Transcendent Blades can then be cast 3 more times at no additional cost to fire each of Irelia's remaining blades, incurring a 0.5-second delay in between each cast. Each blade heals Irelia for 20% of the damage it deals to enemy champions, and 10% of the damage it deals to enemy minions and monsters.
- Extended Senses: As shown in her Judgement, Irelia can use her Hiten Blades to extend her senses, a meditative exercise her father taught her to perceive unseen threats.
- Telekinesis: She is able to keep her Mantle of Decorum floating behind her at all times, and it falls to the ground when she is defeated.