Inklings are a sentient race of squid-like humanoids who are the main protagonists in Splatoon. Inklings are evolved species of squid that came to be after rising sea levels sunk human civilization. Circa 2000 years before the events of Splatoon, the Inklings crawled up to what little habitable land there was left on the planet. The lack of space forced the Inklings to fight for whatever territory they could find, and the Turf War as a concept was established. The original Turf Wars were overseen by Judd, who was cryogenically frozen by his human owner before the Earth was flooded. 100 years before the events of Splatoon, the Inklings and the Octarians engaged in a Great Turf War. A young Cap'n Cuttlefish and the Inklings won, forcing the Octarians to retreat into Octo Valley.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 9-A, higher with special weapons
Name: Depends on the players
Gender: Depends on the players
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Skilled with a variety of ranged weapons and explosives, Can change between humanoid, squid, and ink forms, Limited Flight with Inkjet, Minor Weather Manipulation with Splat Storm, Can become intangible in ink form and can turn any weapon they're carrying into ink, Can climb vertical surfaces as long as they are covered in ink, Regeneration (Low-High), Bioluminescence
Attack Potency: Small Building level (Their most basic gun, the Splattershot Jr., is capable of redirecting missiles and rocket-powered metal fists larger than an Inkling), higher With special weapons (Inkstrike creates a several hundred foot tall pillar of ink when it detonates, Killer Wail is capable of vaporizing an Inkling)
Lifting Strength: Superhuman (Stated in-game to be much stronger than humans. Capable of carrying and running around with weapons like a chain gun and a solid gold ink rocket launcher. Can easily jump hundreds of feet in the air)
Striking Strength: Small Building Class
Durability: Small Building level (Can handle a few shots from their ink weapons and regenerate from the wounds, however special weapons can one-shot them)
Range: Extended melee range to dozens of meters depending on the weapon.
Standard Equipment: Assorted melee weapons, ranged weapons, and explosives.
Intelligence: Above Average (Skilled with a wide variety of weapons)
Weaknesses: Unable to swim in water, Ink inhibits the movement of Inklings that do not have a matching color, They are extremely vulnerable in their squid form outside of ink.
- Bubbler: The Bubbler is a spherical force field that rebounds enemy attacks and can be spread to teammates.
- Echolocator: The Echolocator reveals the locations of all enemies for teammates to see on the field.
- Inkstrike: A missile that explodes into a large, swirling vortex of ink.
- Inkzooka: The Inkzooka shoots tall, narrow twisters of ink in rapid succession, allowing for quick placement of linear paths and splatting of enemies.
- Killer Wail: The Killer Wail blasts a large sound wave in a certain direction that obliterates all enemies in its path and travels through walls.
- Kraken: The Kraken allows Inklings to temporarily transform into large, invincible, kraken-like creatures with enhanced mobility and power.
- Splashdown: Like the inkstrike, but you can also use it by super jumping.