You are like a son and together we have all but conquered the galaxy. Now the time has come for me to retire to Terra. My work as a soldier is done and now passes to you for I have great tasks to perform in my earthly sanctum.
|~ The Emperor of Mankind, giving Horus the title of Warmaster|
Poor Sanguinius. I offered him a position of power in the new order. He could have sat at the right hand of a god. Alas, he chose to align himself with the losing side. He gave me little alternative but to kill him. With my bare hands I throttled the life from him...
|~ Horus, before his final battle with the Emperor|
- "It is the folly of men to believe that they are great players on the stage of history, that their actions might affect the grand procession that is the passage of time. It is an insulating conceit a powerful man might clasp tight to his bosom that he might sleep away the night, safe in the knowledge that, but for his presence, the world would not turn, the mountains would crumble and the seas dry up. But if the remembrance of history has taught us anything, it is that, in time, all things will pass. Unnumbered civilisations before ours are naught but dust and bones, and the greatest heroes of their age are forgotten legends. No man lives forever and even as memory fades, so too will any remembrance of him.
- It is a universal truth and an unavoidable law that cannot be denied, despite the protestations of the vain, the arrogant and the tyrannical.
- Horus was the exception."
- ‐ Kyril Sindermann, Preface to the Remembrancers
- "It would take a thousand cliches to describe the Warmaster, each one truer than the last."
- ‐ Petronella Vivar, Palatina Majoria of House Carpinus
Horus Lupercal, also known more simply as the Lupercal during his lifetime by the Astartes of his Luna Wolves Legion, was one of the 20 genetically-engineered Space Marine Primarchs created by the Emperor of Mankind from the foundation of his own DNA before the start of the Great Crusade to lead the armies of the newborn Imperium of Man. Horus was the Primarch of the Luna Wolves Legion of Space Marines (later renamed the Sons of Horus), the first Imperial Warmaster, the most favoured son of the Emperor of Mankind, and ultimately, the greatest Traitor in the history of Mankind. Horus' homeworld was the Hive World of Cthonia which lay only a few light years from Terra. Horus was thus the first Primarch to be rediscovered by the Emperor after the Great Crusade began in the early 31st Millennium. Horus was responsible for unleashing the horrific 7-year-long civil war known as the Horus Heresy upon the Imperium of Man in the early 31st Millennium which killed billions of men, women, and children in pursuit of his mad ambition to overthrow the Emperor of Mankind and replace him as the ruler of the human race. While Horus ultimately lost his bid for power and was slain by the father he had once so loved during the Battle of Terra, his actions damaged the Imperium of Man beyond repair and inaugurated the current Age of the Imperium, when Mankind is beset by countless horrific dangers to its existence and the Imperium itself has become a stagnant, repressive, intolerant and dehumanising galactic presence.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 4-B | At least 4-B, likely far higher
Name: Horus Lupercal, Horus the Warmaster | Horus, Warmaster of Chaos
Origin: Warhammer 40,000
Age: At least several centuries by the time of his death
Classification: Space Marine Primarch of the Luna Wolves/Sons of Horus, Warmaster of the Imperium | Chosen Champion of Chaos Undivided, Warmaster of Chaos
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Immortality (Types 1 and 3), Regeneration (Low-Mid), Psychic abilities, Resistance to magic, mind, and soul attacks, Extreme resistance to heat and pressure, Immunity to disease and toxins, Precognition, Telepathy | All former abilities enhanced by an immense degree, Vastly improved psychic powers, Daemonic protection granted by the Chaos Gods which grants extreme resistance to all physical, magical, mental, and soul attacks, Soul Manipulation, Energy Manipulation, Reality Warping, Immortality (Type 4), Power Nullification
Attack Potency: Solar System level (Comparable, if not superior, to the other Primarchs, such as Sanguinius, who fought and killed Madail the Undivided and later fought Ka'Bandha, one of Khorne's greatest Bloodthirsters, and broke his spine; said Greater Daemon is almost certainly stronger than lesser Bloodthirsters, who can grow to the size of star systems in the Eye of Terror, and the likes of Khârn, who can fight great enemies in the Eye of Terror. The Primarch's brother also managed to make a small crack in Chaos-empowered Horus' armor). | At least Solar System level (Far stronger than he was before, murdered Sanguinius with little effort. Much greater in power than beings such as Teturact, who could warp an entire solar system, including the space between planets, and beyond with his influence.), likely far higher (While the Emperor was initially holding back due to not wishing to fight his favored son, Horus still broke through his defenses and managed to beat the Emperor to near death, crippling him and forcing him to be put on permanent life support on the Golden Throne)
Lifting Strength: Class T+ (Should be comparable to Angron in this regard, who can force his way out from under a collapsed mountain) | At least Class T+, likely higher with psychic amps
Striking Strength: Solar System Class | At least Solar System Class, likely far higher
Durability: Solar System level | At least Solar System level, likely far higher (Took many hits from the Emperor, Was only killed when his father fired an extremely potent psychic attack right through him and the Chaos Gods, for reasons unknown, withdrew their influence). Protection from the Chaos Gods provides many extra degrees of defense.
Stamina: Immense | Likely limitless due to the blessings received from the Chaos Gods
Range: Extended melee range (several meters) with Worldbreaker, Kilometers (At least several) with the boltgun on his Lightning Claw | The same, likely much higher with psychic powers
- Worldbreaker: Horus wields a Power Maul larger than a human being, easily capable of smashing ceramite to pieces. It signifies his rank as Warmaster and was given to him as a gift by the Emperor upon achieving this rank.
- Warmaster's Talon: On his right hand, Horus wears a unique Lightning Claw with a built-in bolter similar to the Storm Bolters currently used by the Imperium. It was supposedly recovered from planet Cthonia and is a relic of the Dark Age of Technology. After Horus turned to Chaos, the Talon was stained with the blood of many, including Sanguinius and the Emperor himself. It is currently worn by Abaddon the Despoiler.
- Serpent's Scales: Over the years, Horus' unique suit of Terminator Armour was improved upon by the forces of the Imperium and the traitorous Dark Mechanicus, alike. It proved to be effective at nullifying the damage from all types of attacks, be they esoteric in nature or simply pure brute force.
Intelligence: A combat genius, confident in his own incredible skills yet still humble and knowing of what he can improve. Even after being promoted to Warmaster, Horus believed Sanguinius to be more worthy of the position than himself.
Weaknesses: None notable
Key: Primarch Horus | Chaos Horus