"Thousands of years ago, an Inhuman was born on this planet that was destined to rule it, so powerful, so fearsome that others were consumed with dread, and so they banished It from the Earth, sent It through the portal to a distant planet. HYDRA was founded with the sole purpose of engineering its return."―Gideon Malick.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 9-C | 9-A | Unknown
Name: Hive, Alveus, "It", Death, Hell-Beast, You-Know-Who, Will Daniels, Grant Ward, Nate, The HYDRA God, Our Guest, The Hydra, The Devil, Zombie-Ward, Aladdin, The Big Man, Failed Experiment, Ward Reboot Nightmare, Hive the Terrible
Origin: Marvel Cinematic Universe
Age: Thousands of years old
Classification: Inhuman | Parasyte
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Attributes, Expert Marksman, Expert Martial Artist, Expert Spy, Environmental Manipulation, Possession, Longevity, Regeneration (Mid-Low), Parallel Processing, Immortality (Type 1 & 3)
Attack Potency: Street level (Able to easily dispatch highly trained people) | At least Small Building level (Stronger than Daisy, and capable of playing around with a Kree Hunter) | Unknown (Reduced the planet Maveth to a desolate wasteland, albeit over a period of thousands of years by feeding on every lifeform to sustain himself)
Lifting Strength: Athletic human | Superhuman | Unknown | Unknown
Striking Strength: Street Class (Easily overpowered highly trained people) | At least Small Building Class (On par with a Kree Hunter) | Unknown | Unknown
Durability: At least Street level | Room level (Capable of surviving blows from a Kree Hunter) | Small Building level (Capable of withstanding Daisy's shockwaves, who are powerful enough to destroy a S.H.I.E.L.D facility) likely higher | Unknown (It took a Nuclear warhead to kill him and Regeneration makes him hard to kill)
Range: Standard melee range; dozen of meters with his powers.
Standard Equipment: None
Intelligence: High; can process multiple sources of information at once.
Weaknesses: In order to change host, the host body must be dead before possession.
Possession: Hive's Terrigenesis transformed it into a parasitic life form capable of infesting the bodies of dead humans and using them as vessels for which it can perform basic actions. Hive can apparently also halt or slow the natural decomposition of a host body, given that it had been inhabiting Daniels' body for months. Hive also appears to have access to all of the hosts' memories and behavior, as it was able to successfully imitate Daniels during its earlier encounter with Fitz and relay information about Daniels' time with Simmons and also remembering the memories of love and anguish that his second host Grant Ward suffered. However, he was not able to use a living human as a host, or another Inhuman.
- Longevity: Hive's ability to inhabit the bodies of others has enabled it to survive for thousands of years.
- Transformation: While inhabiting a body, Hive can transform into its "true form", a greenish-grey skinned creature with a tentacled head.
- Decomposition Suppression: Hive can apparently slow the natural decomposition of a host body, given that it had been inhabiting Will Daniels' corpse for months, with normal interaction giving no obvious sign that Daniels had died. However, Hive clearly cannot stop decomposition entirely, as Daniels' injured leg rotted to the bone, a fact that led Leo Fitz to realize he had not been interacting with Daniels. After a period of time, Grant Ward's corpse resembled a pale, emaciated zombie with obvious signs of the injuries Ward had suffered prior to his death; Hive was only able to restore Ward's corpse to a presentable state once it gained access to humans it could consume.
Environmental Manipulation: Hive is able to both manipulate wind and sandstorms on Maveth as well as widening chasms. He also seems to be able to manipulate the weather on the alien planet Maveth or at least thrive in sandstorms. Hive is capable of manipulating the terrain around him however he wishes. On Maveth, when Jemma Simmons and Will Daniels were about to reach a wormhole, Hive widened a canyon with his powers.
Parallel Processing: Hive can process multiple sources of information at once. When It was catching up on historic events, after regaining its strength, It watched multiple documentaries at the same time.
Paralysis Immunity: Hive has demonstrated immunity to Lucio's paralyzing gaze, despite Lucio having just paralyzed Giyera and two other guards restraining him. All the gaze did was cause Hive to shed a cloud of parasites, which Lucio was quickly infected with.
Enhanced Smell: Hive can smell blood from a long distance away, and pinpoint its exact location.
Parasite Projection: Hive has shown to be capable of controlling and directing its component parasites, being able to remove individual parasites from its host body and send a stream of the creatures into other beings. These parasites are able to attach to targets and consume the skin and muscle tissues of Hive's victims to regenerate the host.
- Regeneration: Hive has demonstrated the ability to be able to regenerate its dead host bodies by using its parasites to absorb the healthy skin and muscle tissue of living humans as shown when it used five healthy humans to strengthen and heal the damage to Grant Ward's body. The regeneration was so effective that afterwards, anyone unaware that Grant Ward was dead, such as Kirk Vogel, could easily mistake Hive for Ward.
- Healing Factor: When at full strength, Hive took multiple bullets with nothing but slight discomfort and regenerated a shoulder destroyed by a missile launcher blast in less than fifteen seconds.
Mind Control: Hive has repeatedly demonstrated the ability to enthrall and sway a fellow Inhuman by infecting him or her with its parasites, which attach to the target's brain and nervous system. Once an Inhuman is infected, he or she is Hive's puppet, unable to resist its command. However, it has been implied that this ability prevents Hive from consuming Inhumans to repair its host body.
Super Strength: Hive was capable of battling a Kree Reaper on even terms, implying physical strength on par with that of Asgardians.
Key: Base | Grant Ward | True Form