Hitmontop is a fighting-type Pokémon introduced in Pokémon Gold and Silver. It is the most recently introduced evolution of Tyrogue. It evolves from Tyrogue at level 20, if Tyrogue's defense and attack statistics are equal.
Powers and Stats
Tier: High 6-C. Higher by spinning
Classification: Handstand Pokémon, Evolved Pokémon
Speed: At least Sub-Relativistic (Comparable to Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee)
Lifting Strength: Class 100
Striking Strength: Large Island Class+. Higher by spinning
Durability: Large Island level+ (Can take hits from other members of its species, and can take the force of its spin powered kicks)
Stamina: Above average (Comparable to Hitmonchan. It doesn't get dizzy from its spinning)
Range: Standard melee range
Standard Equipment: None Notable
Intelligence: Is an expert martial artist, along with the other evolutions.
Weaknesses: Psychic and Flying type moves.
- Intimidate: Hitmontop lowers his opponents physical might by 50% with his sheer presence.
- Technician: Hitmontops weaker moves receive a 50% boost in power.
- Steadfast: Every time Hitmontop flinches he receives a speed boost.
- Endeavor: Hitmontop drops his opponent's hp to match his own.
- Close Combat: Hitmontop launches a flurry of attacks at his opponent, after which his defenses drop.
- Revenge: This move will do double damage if Hitmontop had just received damage.
- Rolling Kick: Hitmontop lashes a spinning kick which may cause his opponent to flinch.
- Triple Kick: Hitmontop performs 3 consecutive kicks that get progressively more powerful.
- Rapid Spin: Hitmontop starts spinning to remove any hazards in his way.
- Counter: After Hitmontop is attacked he performs a counter attack that does double the damage he received.
- Detect: Hitmontop foresees his opponent next attack.
- Feint: an attack that goes through any barrier as well as precognition.
- Agility: This moves allows Hitmontop to quadruple his speed.
- Gyro Spin: Hitmontop hits his enemy with a high speed spin, the lower his speed the more damage it does.