In fiction (and real life) hacking is the process of breaking into computers, robots, advanced artificial intelligences and/or software and taking control of the system. The process can be achieved through wireless connections or wired lines or through the addition of equipment (corrupted USB add-ons, nanomachines etc). Some fictions even extend the definitions into hacking things like reality or the human mind. In the latter case that would be a form of mind attack and the former is a form of reality warping. Hacking can also be described as a robot mind attack. Since robots are immune to conventional mind attacks hacking would be the next best thing.
- Alita from Battle Angel Alita
- Cibo from Blame!
- Everyone and their grandmother from Doctor Who
- Major Kusanagi and others from Ghost In The Shell
- Misaka Mikoto and Uiharu Kazari from To Aru Majutsu No Index
- Nymph from Sora No Otoshimono
- Yuki Nagato from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
- Hoka Inumata from Kill la Kill
- Kazumi Schlierenzauer from Gokukoku no Brynhildr
- Jaeha from Yureka