|“||I'm going to fight for her. The same way you once fought for me.||„|
|~ Gunvolt to Asimov, in regards to Joule|
As an adept, Gunvolt's life had been one of chaos and rebellion against the humans that oppressed his kind using Lumen, a slave who placed adepts all around the earth under her control. Ironically, in the mission he was assigned to kill her, he ends up sparing her and they become close friends. That is, at least for a while...
Powers and Stats
Name: Gunvolt, Real name unknown (His real name was almost revealed in the CD Dramas before Nova interrupted him.)
Origin: Azure Striker Gunvolt
Classification: Adept, Former member of QUILL
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Expert Marksman, Electricity Manipulation, Homing Attack (Can "tag" his enemies with his gun; tagged enemies will be chased by lightning bolts when his Flashfield is active), Elemental Intangibility, Regeneration (Mid-Low), Can boost his damage output with Septimal Burst, Pseudo Flight while under the effects of Anthem, Can double jump and rapidly accelerate along the ground, Can summon chains to attack enemies, Can conjure and wield swords made of raw energy
Attack Potency: Building level (In the original game, Gunvolt managed to defeat Nova "The Mighty", who was able to destroy an entire building upon transforming and grew larger than it. In the sequel, Gunvolt had defeated a significantly amped version of Copen, who had the assistance of three Anthems, making him significantly stronger than Nova.)
Speed: At least Subsonic movement speed, likely Higher (Casually blitzed a group of trained soldiers), Higher with Dash, Supersonic combat speeds via guns, Massively Hypersonic attack speeds via electricity (Produces natural electricity in his body as a form of attack.)
Lifting Strength: Average Human
Striking Strength: Wall Class (Made a gigantic hole on a wall by accident)
Durability: Building level (Can tank multiple hits from Nova "The Mighty")
Stamina: Above Average Human (Is extremely well trained and can fight long fights against soldiers), can recharge his stamina.
Range: Extended melee range, can reach up to several meters with weapons
Standard Equipment: Multiple types of Tag Guns, a Pendant made out of jewels by Joule.
Intelligence: Very experienced in combat and survival.
Weaknesses: Suffers a temporary loss of powers if he attempts to use them while in contact with water or high amounts of magnetic energy. He has a limited amount of EP and SP to use his abilities, and running out of power causes him to "overheat", forcing him to stall for time and recharge before he can use them again.
Notable Attacks and Techniques:
- Flashfield: His most commonly used ability. Projects an omni-directional field of electricity around his body with a roughly 2-meter radius, electrocuting any foes who dare to come close. This is enough to kill most humans in seconds, but any target that has been 'tagged' by one of his bullets will suffer even more damage and will be chased by bolts of lightning.
- Prevasion: A technique that allows him to automatically evade attacks as long as his Flashfield is inactive. Attempting to use this technique repeatedly will temporarily drain his powers and eventually render him unable to use them until he recharges.
- Astrasphere: Gunvolt surrounds himself with three orbs of electricity that orbit him for a brief period, temporarily nullifying all incoming attacks. However, he is unable to move during this period.
- Galvanic Patch: Gunvolt charges himself with electricity to rapidly heal his owunds.
- Septimal Burst: Greatly improves his SP recovery rate.
- Luxcalibur: Summons a massive, powerful energy sword that deals extraordinary damage to the enemy
- Split Second: Gunvolt's stamina is completely restored and status conditions are removed. In addition, it will clear his Overheat status and refill his EP, allowing him to use Flashfield and Prevasion.
- Alchemic Field: Enhances his natural regeneration ability for a short period.
- Galvanic Renewal: Restores all damage done to Gunvolt, uses a bit more SP than his other moves
- Voltaic Chains: Covers the enemy with a multitude of chains that deal damage proportional to the number of tags he's placed on his targets, outstripping all his other attacks in terms of sheer power.
- Crashbolt: It sends a lightning bolt crashing down on Gunvolt, damaging nearby enemies as well as any directly above or below him.
- Dragonsphere: It creates an orb of electricity in front of GV that hovers in place for a few seconds, damaging foes on contact.
- Septimal Surge: Greatly enhances his damage output for a brief period.