Gunbuster (ガンバスター Ganbasutaa) is an extremely powerful mecha which is formed by combining Buster Machine 1 and Buster Machine 2, which are piloted by Noriko Takaya and Kazumi Amano, respectively. It appears that Noriko is in control of Gunbuster's movements while Kazumi controls some other more technical aspect of its operation. Because it's made up of two combined machines, it has two degeneracy generators instead of one. It is powered by these dual generators as well as by the power of Hard Work and Guts. The purpose of Gunbuster was first to fight off Space Monsters and later to protect Buster Machine 3 during its transport to the center of the galaxy.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least 5-B, likely Low 4-C
Name: Gunbuster (Buster Machine 1 & 2)
Origin: Gunbuster! -Aim For The Top!
Age: Unknown (probably in development since the year 2015)
Classification: Buster Machine
Wielders: Noriko Takaya, Kazumi Amano
Attack Potency: At least Planet level+, likely Small Star level
Speed: Relativistic+ combat/attack speed, FTL movement speed
Lifting Strength: At least Class T+ (Was capable of near-completely halting the momentum of two halves of a Space Monster traveling at relativistic velocities)
Striking Strength: At least Planet Class, likely Small Star Class (Can punch or kick through cruiser-class Space Monsters, was able to go through hundreds of Space Monsters continuously with the Super Inazuma Kick)
Durability: Planet level+, likely Small Star level with Buster Shield (Deflected 20,000 plasma blasts from Space Monsters simultaneously)
Stamina: No limit shown, runs on 2x Degeneracy Generator but dependent on the indomitable willpower of the pilots.
Range: Extended melee range (due to size), at least Tens of kilometers (several dozens) with lasers and missiles, Interplanetary (multiple planetary diameters) with Buster Beam
- 24 x Limb Laser Projectors
- 2 x Palm Laser Projectors (mounted on each hand)
- Crown Laser Projectors
- 10 x Missile Pods (5 mounted on each hand)
- 4 x Spike Threads (2 on each hand)
- 4 x Buster Colliders (1 on each limb)
Weaknesses: None notable
- Cockpit section survived the Buster Machine III's black hole detonation.
- Super Inazuma Kick: Gunbuster launches up, descends with one leg extended and the other bent, and drop kicks the opposition.
- Buster Beam: A powerful laser that can cut through the hides of monsters who hatch in stars. Missile showers that do the same and a reflective coat that reflects planet busting fire and his Inazuma kick.
- Buster Shield: Gunbuster covers itself with its usually invisible cloak that deflects attacks.
- Buster Tomahawk: Gunbuster forms a double Tomahawk Axe out of Two Tomahawks to slice the enemy in two with. Was originally slated to appear in the anime but only appears in Video Games.
- Buster Home Run: Gunbuster pulls out a bat and energy ball before slamming it into the enemy causing a large explosion. Only appears in Video Games.