Grendel is an Evil Dragon, titled as the Crime Force Dragon and a member of Qlippoth. He is described as a dark green Western Dragon with silver eyes, though he stands on his hind legs instead of being on all fours, making him seem more like a giant than a dragon. He is shown to be aggressive and psychotic, interested in nothing but fighting and killing. This has gone so far that he disobeys orders from his superiors in order to keep fighting. Grendel is also shown to be a masochist, enjoying pain being inflicted on him. In the past, he fought against Ddraig before he was sealed and later, was killed by the original Beowulf before being revived by the Khaos Brigade prior to Volume 14.
Powers and Stats
Tier: At least 7-А, possibly higher, higher in Outrage Mode
Name: Grendel, Crime Force Dragon, Berserker Dragon of Great Sin
Origin: High School DXD
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Flight, Fire Manipulation, Resistance to Magic, Immortality (Type 1), Breath Attack, Resurrection (Can revive himself as long as a piece of his soul remains but it takes a considerable amount of time), Summoning
Attack Potency: At least Mountain level, possibly higher (Stronger than Sairaorg in Balance Breaker; fought against Ddraig, also matched Sairaorg and Issei in their armors simultaneously), higher in Outrage Mode
Speed: At least Massively Hypersonic (Kept up with Issei and Sairaorg simultaneously)
Lifting Strength: Class K
Striking Strength: At least Mountain Class, possibly higher, higher in Outrage Mode
Durability: At least Mountain level (Tanked many attacks from Cardinal Crimson Issei and referred to them as weak), higher in Outrage Mode
Stamina: Very high (Regularly keeps on fighting after taking high amounts of damage and seems to enjoy it. Stated that he was capable of continuing to fight after only half of his head remained)
Range: Extended melee range due to size, likely several hundreds of meters with his flames
Standard Equipment: None notable
Weaknesses: Dragon-slaying weapons, though he has a high amount of resistance to them due to his revival
- Immense Defense and Endurance: Grendel's dragon scales are considered as one of the hardest and toughest scales out of all Dragons, which is shown when he was able to take a punch from Issei in his Welsh Dragonic Rook form without substantial injury (aside from some blood from his mouth). His defense was great that it required attacks from both Issei, in the Crimson Armor, and Sairaorg, wearing the Regulus Rey Leather Rex armor, to inflict any sort of significant damage. Also, due to the enhancements by Sephiroth Graal, Grendel has incredible resistance to Dragon Slayer power to the point at which he only took minor damage from Issei's Ascalon enhanced Crimson Blaster.
- Immense Durability: He also went as far as to claim that he didn't feel a thing and that Issei was weak. He is highly resilient to physical pain, allowing him to continue to move and fight despite grievous injuries. His enhanced durability allows him to resist more damage than a regular Dragon.
- Immense Strength: He is also shown to be physically strong as his normal punch was described by Issei to be more powerful than Sairaorg Bael's punch in his Balance Breaker form, Regulus Rey Leather Rex.
- Immense Speed: Despite his size, Grendel is shown to possess great speed, something Issei also took note of during their fight.
- Dragon Flames: Like most Dragons, Grendel can also breathe fire.