Grandpa Gohan is the elderly gentleman who found and raised the Saiyan Son Goku when he landed on Earth. A former disciple of Master Roshi, he taught Goku everything he knew. He died when Goku accidentally turned into an Oozaru and crushed him underneath his foot. He was brought back for a short time to spar against Goku in Fortuneteller Baba's tournament. Goku's son, Son Gohan, was named in honor of him.
Powers and Stats
Origin: Dragon Ball
Age: 80 to 91 years old upon his time of death
Classification: Human, Martial Artist, Turtle School Student
Attack Potency: City Block level (Fought with Goku after he finished dealing with the Red Ribbon Army)
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Striking Strength: City Block Class
Durability: City Block level (Took hits from Goku)
Stamina: Very high, likely limitless given that he's a ghost.
Range: Standard melee range. Hundreds of meters with ki attacks
Standard Equipment: None notable
Intelligence: Should be rather high due to his age and experiences in the afterlife. As well as being a master at combat.
Weaknesses: Can only stay on earth for a day (unless he's working for Annin)
- Kamehameha: A whitish-blue energy wave shot from both hands, invented by Master Roshi himself.
- Jan Ken: The martial arts technique invented by Grandpa Gohan and translating rock-scissors-paper.
- Turtle School Tranquility: Grandpa Gohan's Ultimate Blast in Budokai Tenkaichi 2 and 3. Grandpa Gohan kicks his opponent into the air and flies toward the enemy and kicks them down. While the opponent is falling, Grandpa Gohan performs the Jan Ken technique on them.
- Turtle School Four Virtues: A rush attack used by Grandpa Gohan. First, Grandpa Gohan says "Got you now!" as he kicks the opponent into the air. Then, he jumps behind the opponent and dashes to punch their feet making them fall. Finally, he hook kicks them away.
- Thunder Shock Surprise: One of the most powerful attacks invented by Master Roshi. Grandpa Gohan uses it in Dragon Ball: Origins.
- Explosive Wave: He creates a weak burst of energy for protection, with himself serving as the nexus. If anyone comes in contact with the wave, they will be knocked away, and receive minor damage. Used in Dragon Ball: Origins.
- Afterimage Technique: Grandpa Gohan moves so quickly that he leaves an image of himself behind. Most often, it is used to dodge an incoming attack and get behind the opponent to perform a counter-attack. Grandpa Gohan uses the Afterimage Technique in Dragon Ball: Origins. In the Budokai Tenkaichi series, he instead uses the Afterimage Strike.
- Sleep: One of Grandpa Gohan's Blast 1 in the Budokai Tenkaichi series.