|“||Now this'll put hair on your chest!||„|
The only thing more important to Gragas than fighting is drinking. His unquenchable thirst for stronger ale has led him in search of the most potent and unconventional ingredients to toss in his still. Impulsive and unpredictable, this rowdy carouser loves cracking kegs as much as cracking heads. Thanks to his strange brews and temperamental nature, drinking with Gragas is always a risky proposition.
Gragas has an eternal love of good drink, but his massive constitution prevented him from reaching a divine state of intoxication. One night, when he had drained all the kegs and was left wanting, Gragas was struck by a thought rather than the usual barstool: why couldn't he brew himself something that would finally get him truly drunk? It was then that he vowed to create the ultimate ale.
Gragas' quest eventually brought him to the Freljord, where the promise of acquiring the purest arctic water for his recipe led him into uncharted glacial wastes. While lost in an unyielding blizzard, Gragas stumbled upon a great howling abyss. There he found it: a flawless shard of ice unlike anything he had ever seen. Not only did this unmelting shard imbue his lager with incredible properties, but it also had a handy side effect - it kept the mixture chilled at the perfect serving temperature.
Under the spell of his new concoction, Gragas headed for civilization, eager to share the fermented fruits of his labor. As fate would have it, the first gathering to catch Gragas' bleary eyes would shape the future of the Freljord. He blundered into a deteriorating negotiation between two tribes discussing an alliance with Ashe. Though Ashe welcomed a break in the tension, the other warriors bristled at the intrusion and hurled insults at the drunken oaf. True to his nature, Gragas replied with a diplomatic headbutt, setting off a brawl matched only in the legends of the Freljord.
When the fallen from that great melee finally awoke, Ashe proposed a friendly drink as an alternative to fighting. With their tempers doused in suds, the two tribes, formerly on the brink of war, bonded over a common love of Gragas' brew. Although strife was averted and Gragas hailed a hero, he still had not achieved his dream of drunken blissfulness. So once more, he set off to wander the tundra in search of ingredients for Runeterra's perfect pint.
Powers and Stats
Tier: Low 7-C
Name: Gragas, The Rabble Rouser
Origin: League of Legends
Age: Unknown (Likely in his 40's or 50's)
Classification: Human, Liquor Connoisseur
Lifting Strength: Superhuman (Carries and fights with an alcohol-filled barrel with him at all times)
Striking Strength: Small Town Class (His Body Slam can move champions as large as Cho'Gath, Nautilus, and Malphite)
Durability: Small Town level+
Range: Standard melee range, extended melee range to dozens of meters with his cask
Standard Equipment: Cask of Graggy Ice, Starting/Essential Items (Health Potions, Doran's Ring, Cinderhulk Tracker's Knife, Sorcerer's Shoes, Zhonya's Hourglass, Rod of Ages, Warding Totem)
Intelligence: Above average (Skilled in combat, Skilled at making alcoholic beverages, but he is almost always in a constant state of intoxication)
Weaknesses: Has a limited supply of mana with which to cast spells, his spells have cooldown periods, during which time they cannot be cast (Both are highly exaggerated in-game for gameplay balance purposes; for instance, Ekko is shown to be able to use his ultimate ability in rapid succession in his cinematic)
- Basic Attack: Gragas beats the opponent with his fists or his cask of alcohol.
- Happy Hour: Gragas heals for 4% maximum health upon using an ability.
- Barrel Roll: Gragas rolls a cask to the target location, granting sight around it, which ferments over 2 seconds, increasing its damage and slow strength and duration, up to a maximum 150% increase. After 4 seconds or upon reactivation, the cask explodes, dealing magic damage to all surrounding enemies, increased by 43% against champions and monsters, and slowing them, based on how long the cask fermented.
- Drunken Rage: Gragas reduces incoming damage for 2.5 seconds and channels for 1 second, retaining his ability to move but becoming unable to use abilities or basic attacks for the duration. Upon completing the channel, Gragas' next basic attack within 5 seconds deals bonus magic damage, capped at 300 against monsters.
- Body Slam: Gragas charges forward, dealing magic damage to all nearby enemies upon colliding with an enemy, as well as knocking them back and stunning them for 1 second. Body Slam's cooldown is reduced by 3 seconds if Gragas collides with an enemy.
- Explosive Cask: Gragas hurls cask to the target location which explodes upon impact, damaging all nearby enemies and knocking them away from the epicenter of the explosion, while also briefly granting sight of nearby surroundings.
- Health Potion: Regenerates health every half-second for 15 seconds. Limited to 5 at one time.
- Doran's Ring: Grants bonus health, mana regeneration, and ability power. Restores 4 mana upon killing an unit.
- Cinderhulk Tracker's Knife: Grants bonus health, lifesteal, and mana regeneration, and deals magic damage every second to nearby enemies. Basic attacks against monsters deal bonus damage, and damaging a monster through any means applies Health Drain, which deals magic damage over 5 seconds while restoring health.
- Warding: Consumes a charge to place a Stealth Ward that reveals the surrounding area for 150 seconds. Holds up to 2 charges which refill upon visiting the shop.
- Sorcerer's Shoes: Grants magic penetration and bonus movement speed.
- Zhonya's Hourglass: Grants bonus armor, ability power, and cooldown reduction.
- Stasis: Puts the user in stasis for 2.5 seconds, rendering them untargetable and invulnerable for the duration, but also unable to move, attack, cast spells, or use items during this time.
- Rod of Ages: Grants bonus health, mana, and ability power. Additionally, 15% of damage taken from champions is gained as mana. Spending mana restores 20% of mana spent as health, up to 25 per cast.
- Warding Totem: Consume a charge to place an invisible Stealth Ward which reveals the surrounding area for 120 seconds. Stores one charge every 90 seconds, up to 2 maximum charges. Limited to 3 Stealth Wards active at a time.