|“||The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.||„|
Dr. Gordon Freeman is the main protagonist of the Half-Life series. He is a theoretical physicist who is forced to defend himself and the Human race against hostile Aliens and other enemies following an experiment gone wrong. In the process, he becomes an almost legendary resistance hero, eventually becoming one of the leaders of an uprising against the alien invaders.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 9-B with the crowbar and small firearms, 9-B to 9-A with various weapons
Name: Gordon Freeman, Mr. Freeman, "The One Free Man"
Classification: Human, Ph.D. in theoretical physics, former Anomalous and Hazardous Materials handler for Black Mesa, leader of The Resistance
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics and Resistance to Poison, Electricity, Antimatter, Extreme Temperatures, Radiation, et cetera via HEV Suit, Weapon Mastery, minor Gravity Manipulation via Gravity Gun, Poison Manipulation via Tranquilizer Crossbow, Healing from minor lacerations and neurotoxins, Matter Manipulation/Quantum Manipulation via Gluon Gun and Tau Cannon (which destabilize Gluon Particles and fires streams of Tau Particles, respectively), and Antimatter Manipulation via Pulse Rifle's alternate firing mode and supercharged Gravity Gun
Attack Potency: Wall level physically and with most firearms (Superior to Vorigaunts, Headcrabs, and the like), At least Small Building level with various explosives, the Gravity Gun, the Gluon Gun, and the Tau Cannon (Can harm the massive Gargantua over time with these; can shove around cars and the like and send smaller heavy objects flying with the Gravity Gun; has weapons that cause massive damage while also ignoring durability)
Speed: Superhuman with Subsonic reactions (Has repeatedly dodged rockets after they've been fired, could dodge rounds from Bradley Fighting Vehicles and M1 Abrams Tanks)
Lifting Strength: Superhuman, Class 1 with the Gravity Gun (The Gravity Gun can at least lift 1 ton and up small cars)
Striking Strength: Wall Class with the Gravity Gun and crowbar (Can kill a man in a single blow with the crowbar and stunt normal people with the less directly useful Gravity Gun); at least Small Building Class with greater weaponry (Can harm large armor-plated vehicles)
Durability: At least Small Building level+ with the HEV suit (Capable of surviving an airstrike; took the explosion of the Citadel´s ceiling who destroyed the roof; can survive lasers which do this much damage)
Stamina: Superhuman (Escaped from Black Mesa and it took him one day of running and fighting non-stop; survived even harsher circumstances during the rebellion against the Combine; HEV suit can provide morphine)
Standard Equipment: The HEV suit, the crowbar, the Gravity Gun, pistols, revolvers, shotguns, machineguns, several expirimental laser weapons, alien biological weapons, and rocket launchers
Intelligence: Very High, a scientist who holds a Ph.D. in thereotical physics and a leader of the Resistance against the Combine, he is proficient with weapons ranging from pistols to more exotic equipment such as the Gravity gun. At the age of 6, he constructed a butane-powered tennis ball cannon.
Weaknesses: None notable.
Weapons and Technologies
- The Hazardous EnVironment Suit: a full-body hazardous materials suit developed at the Black Mesa Research Facility. Designed for Black Mesa scientists to protect them from radiation, energy discharges, blunt-force trauma during the handling of hazardous materials, and the effects of traveling to Xen as part of Survey Teams. It holds internal antidotes and morphines
- His trusty crowbar which he uses throughout the series
- Beretta M9 9mm Pistol: The standard pistol used by officers within Black Mesa and Gordon Freeman's first used firearm in Half Life
- USP Match 9mm Pistol: The standard pistol used by the Cobmine Overwatch and by the Resistance, and Gordon Freeman's main pistol in Half Life 2
- Colt Python .357 Magnum: Gordon's main revolver used in both games
- Heckler & Koch MP5 Submachine Gun: The main firearm used by the HCEU in Half Life, which Gordon Freeman obtains and uses throughout the gain
- Heckler & Koch MP7 Submachine Gun: The main submachine gun used by the Combine Overwatch and by fighters for the Resistance, used by Gordon in Half Life 2
- Franchi SPAS-12 Assault Shotgun: Gordon Freeman's main shotgun throughout the games
- Black Mesa Crossbow: