A primitive yordle born millennia in the past, Gnar is playful, diminutive and cute until his occasional bouts of anger transform him into a massive, violent, and destructive beast. Trapped within a glacier of True Ice, Gnar was frozen for an age before he broke free, emerging to find the world much changed. These new, exotic realms only ignite his delight and curiosity, for where most fear danger, Gnar pounces to meet it head on.
Powers and Stats
Tier: Low 7-C | At least Low 7-C, likely 7-C, possibly higher | Likely High 6-C
Name: Gnar, The Missing Link
Origin: League of Legends
Age: Unknown (Over 1000 years old, but physically 4)
Classification: Prehistoric Yordle, Hunter
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Regeneration (Mid-low), Transformation, Skilled Boomerang User, Rage Power, Highly enhanced sense of hearing and sight (All Yordles have hearing that is far superior to any human and can see the infrared spectrum of light), Can passively alter his appearance so he does not appear as a Yordle to anyone besides another Yordle, Longevity
Attack Potency: Small Town level+ (Can fight on-par with Garen and similarly powerful champions) | At least Small Town level+, likely Town level (Much stronger than his mini form, destroyed part of a jungle), possibly higher (Shattered a chunk of True Ice created by Anivia) | Likely Large Island level (Comparable to Super Galaxy Rumble)
Speed: Hypersonic+ with Massively Hypersonic+ reactions and combat speed (Can keep up with champions like Kled and Garen as well as close range lightning/light-based attacks) | Hypersonic+ with Massively Hypersonic+ reactions and combat speed | Likely Relativistic (Comparable to Super Galaxy Rumble, who flew from the moon to Runeterra in seconds
Lifting Strength: At least Peak Human | Class 100 (Can throw around small buildings with one hand)
Striking Strength Small Town Class | At least Small Town Class, likely higher | Likely Large Island Class
Durability: Small Town level+ | At least Small Town level+, likely Town level, possibly higher | Likely Large Island level
Range: Dozens of meters with boomerang | Extended melee range due to his size, Dozens of meters with projectiles
Standard Equipment: Boomerang
Intelligence: Average (Skilled hunter and combatant, but is mentally only a naive 4 year old child)
Weaknesses: His spells have cooldown periods, during which time they cannot be cast (Highly exaggerated in-game for gameplay balance purposes; for instance, Ekko is shown to be able to use his ultimate ability in rapid succession in his cinematic)
- Basic Attack: Gnar throws his boomerang the opponent, adding a stack of Hyper. In Mega form this switches to beating the opponent with his fist.
- Rage Gene: While in Mini Gnar form, Gnar generates Fury over 3 seconds upon dealing or receiving damage and every time he damages at least one enemy with a basic attack or Boomerang Throw, quadrupled against champions. Gnar's Fury decays if he has not dealt or received damage in the last 13 seconds. When Mini Gnar reaches 100 Fury, he gains access to an alternate set of abilities, which share his abilities' cooldowns. After either 5 seconds or upon casting an ability, Gnar transforms into Mega Gnar for 15 seconds while his Fury depletes. Once his Fury is exhausted, Gnar reverts back into Mini Gnar, retaining the same health percentage, and becomes tired for 15 seconds, during which he cannot gain Fury.
- Boomerang Throw: Mini Gnar throws his boomerang forward in a line, dealing physical damage to all enemies hit and slowing them for 2 seconds. Enemies beyond the first take only half damage, and each enemy can only be damaged once. Upon striking an enemy or reaching maximum range, the boomerang slowly comes to an end and travels back in a fixed direction, calculated at the apex of its flight based on Gnar's movement, accelerating along the way. If Gnar catches it, Boomerang Throw's cooldown is reduced.
- Boulder Toss: Mega Gnar throws a boulder that stops when it hits an enemy, dealing physical damage to all nearby enemies and applying slow. If Gnar picks up his boulder, Boulder Toss's cooldown is reduced by 60%.
- Hyper: Mini Gnar's basic attacks and damaging abilities apply marks to enemy units, stacking up to 3 times. The third mark consumes all marks on the target, deals them magic damage, capped against monsters, and grants Gnar bonus movement speed that decays over 3 seconds. Additionally, Gnar gains the same bonus movement speed whenever he transforms back into Mini Gnar.
- Wallop: Mega Gnar stands on his back legs before slamming his fists into the ground, dealing physical damage and stunning enemies in a large area in front of him for 1.25 seconds.
- Hop: Mini Gnar leaps to the target location, gaining bonus attack speed for 3 seconds. If Gnar lands on any unit, he bounces off of them to jump the same distance again, and if they are an enemy, he also deals them physical damage and slows them by 60% for 0.5 seconds.
- Crunch: Mega Gnar leaps to the target location, applying slow to all nearby enemies upon impact.
- GNAR!: Mega Gnar knocks all nearby enemies in the target direction, dealing physical damage and slowing them by 45% for a short duration. Enemies that hit terrain take 50% increased damage and are stunned instead for the same duration.
Key: Mini Gnar | Mega Gnar | Super Galaxy Gnar